Helicopter that crashed in OBL raid was a secret stealth chopper.

Kinda hard to determine exactly what it was just from a tail rotor. Doesn't look like the tail section from a BlackHawk, but I'm not an aircraft expert. I'm just glad the mission was a success.

Hummmmmmmmmmmmm :whistle: , in the 80's Stringfellow Hawk on Airwolf had a stealth mode ! Maybe they finally copyed that :laugh:

Anyone remember a few years ago when the Commanche was displayed for the public? The Army's stealth helicopter. The body was apparently easily made stealth, however it was classified how the rotors were too, it had a bird sized radar signature if any. It was extemely quiet and supposedly more manuverable than any other helicopter. Pretty cool.

i wonder if it has to do with the noise cancellation like bose uses... you know- emit an opposite frequency to the noise you want to erase.. big emitter tho... killer high tech!:thumbsup:

Obama is going to Ft. Campbell tomorrow. FAA has already issued NOTAM's....

That mean TF160 was flying the mission.

NSDQ!!!!!

KxuGl.jpg

The helo was a drone... piloted by an idiot.:laugh:

Obama is going to Ft. Campbell tomorrow. FAA has already issued NOTAM's....

That mean TF160 was flying the mission.

NSDQ!!!!!

Duh, who else couldve pulled off such a mission???? Only the best of Army aviation.

NSDQ.....Death Waits In The Dark.

I'm not impressed...
That technology has been around since the 80's. It's called "whisper mode" Duh....

blue%20thunder.jpg

JAFO...

the helicopter used was in fact a Sikorsky black hawk helicopter modified for such missions. I have the honor of building the blades for them i work at Sikorsky in CT. Cant release much more info than that :rulez:

Just a thought here... When the heck are those crafty far easterners going to apply stealth technology to the Busa?

Just think about it - a stealth Busa - rip past "the Man" at 128 mph and nothing registers on the old radar. A recipe for hooliganism and sales i say... That would pretty much leave the European bike builders (BMW) stratching that heads...

"who's got the coolest electronic gadget wizardary now" :whistle: bye the way the hump looks kinda stealth already!

Back