HeliBars Gen 1 & 2 differences?

yzguyfl

Registered
ok, so I have a Gen 1 (2006) but many many parts from a Gen 2 (2008).

all the electrical stuff and wiring are 2006 (so all electrical controls on the bars are 06)
but the forks, are 08
top clamp is aftermarket (not sure what exactly)

does anyone know the difference between the gen 1 and 2 heli bars? so I can figure out which ones to get.

This is my second attempt to reply to you??? There is a small hole in the bars that lines up with a small stud on the electrical controls. It is in a slightly different position on the Gen 1 and Gen 2. If you are using stock Gen 1 bars and electrical controls you need to use Gen 1 heli bars. By the way I have them on my 2011 and love them. I hope this helps...good luck.

You can either either or on either or. I have, all you have to do is move the hole for the pin, simply install bars, align switches where you want them and drill 3/16" hole iirc for pin to fit in new position. Done.

cool. I'm pretty sure I still have the gen 1 switches on the bars, so I'll get those (but if I have to make some tweaks no big deal :)

in case this helps anyone in the future...

I asked this to the makers directly:
I have an 06 with many parts from an 08, including the front end.
The electronic controls are still 06.

What exactly is the difference between the 06 and the 08 bars?
I’m trying to decide which ones to get.

this was their answer:
It would be locating holes and divots for locating in the triple tree. So if you have a combo (08 Triple tree and 06 controls) I don't think either bar will work as a direct stock replacement.

I ordered the first gen ones, so my switches will line up. I'll make them fit :)

You asked, I replied with answer for you since I have already done it and then you ask a supplier who is making a profit off selling them. Did you honestly think they would tell you ALL you had to do was relocate a simple hole for pin? So $150 when a $5 drill bit and 5 minutes would have gotten you the same results. ???

Sure, the ones you just bought will work fine, BUT so will the ones you ALREADY have by simply redrilling 2 small holes. And nevermind the fact you you already have them and they didn't cost you anything.

Rollin20z said:
You asked, I replied with answer for you since I have already done it and then you ask a supplier who is making a profit off selling them. Did you honestly think they would tell you ALL you had to do was relocate a simple hole for pin? So $150 when a $5 drill bit and 5 minutes would have gotten you the same results. ???

Sure, the ones you just bought will work fine, BUT so will the ones you ALREADY have by simply redrilling 2 small holes. And nevermind the fact you you already have them and they didn't cost you anything.

Where did he say he already has a set of helibars? I think he was asking which ones he needed to buy do he didn't waste his money.

a few points...
I emailed the maker at the same time I posted here. Not sure what, or if, I would get from either.
Also I told them that I was planning on ordering a set, as in I did not have one, and their answer was basically saying not to buy either, as neither would bolt in.

All that aside, I do appreciate the answer! :) I did get the first gen ones already, and they would have worked, if I did not also have a 1" spacer, the front dropped 2" and an after market top clamp (which moved the bars forward).

I have to get a stock top clamp (on the way) and raise the bike up an inch for it to fit, then try again :)

Back