Helibars and reapers require new cable(s)?

tophog

Registered
I've done the Search thing and read all the threads I could find regarding this topic but still not clear if *both* the brake and clutch lines should be replaced or just the brake? I have helibars on now and removed the 1" reaper spacers. My plan is to go with 3/4" spacers so I don't have to trim windshield. I am going to get +2 brake lines but wasn't sure if the clutch line has to be replaced. Does anyone make a 2-1 front brake line like the OEM line or do they all use separate lines that attach to master cylinder?

i just picked up the 3/4" reaper risers from dead head cycles and there unbelievable. no trimming or longer lines required. what a world of a difference.

hey
right now i run 3/4 risers with helies. i went with +2" brake lined. and 2"+ clutch from street and track. some would say you do not need to extend but it looked like the brake lines would get pulled. not good

Ranman, is the the clutch line hard to change? I was planning to do the brakelines but wasn't sure if replacing clutch line was necessary as well.

I have helibars and 3/4 inch reaper risers on my bike and have no issues except for the brake resivoir hitting the windscreen. Cables are fine...

can have you front lines made like the OEM. just let me know what color you want and if you want rear and clutch line to match.

Ranman, is the the clutch line hard to change?   I was planning to do the brakelines but wasn't sure if replacing clutch line was necessary as well.
easy. just like doing the brake line.
no i belive it is not nessary. but i want with ss lines, so everything looks alike

I have HeliBars and a 3/4" Genmar riser and use the stock hoses with no problems. Windshield clearance is better with many aftermarket screens.

Ed

<!--EDIT|EdC
Reason for Edit: None given...|1155918456 -->

Back