Helibar install

Cocky1

Registered
I read as many post as I could find and it sounds like most of you had nor problems. Here are the issues I ran into:

1) with my stock bars my right brake res would rub the inner cover - with the heli it hits and also hit the windscreen.

2) the lock groove on the bars goes no where near the locking screw on the bottom?? aftermarket polished trees - would that change things?

3) The fast idle only works at center or turning right? How might I loosen that up - do they make longer ones?

Most of you had no issues so I am trying to figure out why I seem to have trouble with everything I touch.

I have only had the bike a couple weeks but already making changes. ???

Gen 1 or 2?
Did you route the fast idle on the back side of the steering head. Cable should now route beteen the 2 gas tank bolts.

Re: 1) well if your stock bars were hitting the inner and now Heli's are hitting it and windscreen I would say it's something in your after market triple tree. Because my Gen1 '05 didnt have that issue stock and doesnt have that issue with my Heli bars either.
Re: 2) I'm going out to see where the lock groove actually is on mine.

Ok on my stock triple tree the locking screw is on the bottom, but the bars are rotated slightly rearward. Rotating them forward would place the groove towards the rider and may let the brake Res hit the windscreen. try rotating till the groove lines up with the locking bolt. It really sounds like you have some rise in those after market triple tree.
Hope any of this helps.

I did not have any issues with the Heli bar mod on my 2001. If your idle kicks up when you turn the bars and you have done the cable placement between the tank hold down bolts then I would suggest loosening the cable clamp below the triple tree on the throttle side of the frame. Heli's instructions suggest doing that if the idle rise when you turn the bars. Also if your throttle cable free play is not within specs and is adjusted so there is little/slight free place you'll likely observe a idle speed increase when you turn the bars. You'll like the Heli's. I just did about 1,800 miles this past weekend and wouldn't ride a Busa without them. Wardie

Back