Helibar Alternative

Jbaby1969

Registered
Anyone using these as an alternative to Heli-Bars or yoke conversions? Looking for a cheaper way to bring the bars up and back a little.

744FF771-8801-42E2-B931-6C8E43192B34.png

You should not be putting a lot of weight on the bars anyway. I would not use these as a strap down point but I would trust them provided they check out on inspection. But remember that when it comes to bike mods you usually get what you pay for!

You should not be putting a lot of weight on the bars anyway. I would not use these as a strap down point but I would trust them provided they check out on inspection. But remember that when it comes to bike mods you usually get what you pay for!
how about when emergency braking? still not a lot of weight?

You are supposed to support your weight with your legs and torso. I you have great brakes you want to still be able to steer when braking hard. Track coaches yell "get the weight off those bars" all day!

PS: Stomp Grip Baby!
I said emergency stop arch.... meaning... what if ure casually looking at a hot girls booty.... then all of a sudden.... a minivan is 20 feet in front of u and ure doing 35 mph...… I know I know.... u never are out of form... textbook technique at all times... but im just sayin.. for the other 99 percent.... stuff happens.

After a second look how are these cheaper than Helibars? You still need the bar and the picture shows this on an already modded top clamp. The Helibars slide righ
After a second look how are these cheaper than Helibars? You still need the bar and the picture shows this on an already modded top clamp. The Helibars slide right on the OEM setup.
I was thinking these would mount in the stock bar location, then put the stock bars into these. Wouldn’t that raise them up or am I thinking about it the wrong way?

Anyone using these as an alternative to Heli-Bars or yoke conversions? Looking for a cheaper way to bring the bars up and back a little.

View attachment 1601453
Do you have gen 1 or gen 2?
I have gen 1 heli bars that are brand new. Never ridden just mounted and took them off. There are little marks here and there from mounting but they are in great shape.

If you have gen 1 and want I will sell for $75 shipped

Do you have gen 1 or gen 2?
I have gen 1 heli bars that are brand new. Never ridden just mounted and took them off. There are little marks here and there from mounting but they are in great shape.

If you have gen 1 and want I will sell for $75 shipped
I would certainly buy them but I have a gen 2.

I don’t mind paying the money for the helibar kit. This was just a thought when I came across them on eBay. I thought if they would work it would be a good $25 upgrade. I’d rather be safe than sorry!

As mentioned above, those are for dirtbike style bars, not for a setup like the busa. @jeffgordons24 offer is great and gen1 helibars would wok on gen2, if you drill the little hole for the controls “pin” so they located at the right angle. @sixpack577 could better explain, but he is racking a break from the forum right now.

I said emergency stop arch.... meaning... what if ure casually looking at a hot girls booty.... then all of a sudden.... a minivan is 20 feet in front of u and ure doing 35 mph...… I know I know.... u never are out of form... textbook technique at all times... but im just sayin.. for the other 99 percent.... stuff happens.
This is actually a good point Ali. Good habits make riding both safer and easier. But habits come from practise. I'm going to say that in a panic stop I would wedge my legs into the tank. Stomp grip and the slight bulge at the front of the tank help. then I lean back with the torso to help offset weight transfer. I think I would do that instinctively because that's how I always do it.

Back