Heli Bars

GP2001

Registered
Just bought set of heli bars and lowering pegs, got off a org. member. Hope they are what everyone says. Can t wait for them to get here and get put on. My wrecked up old ass needs a little help. Love this bike dont want to give it up just yet. 35 yrs on a harley rode it last week thought damn did it always shakethis bad. Thanks turbo bob.

Just bought set of heli bars and lowering pegs, got off a org. member. Hope they are what everyone says. Can t wait for them to get here and get put on. My wrecked up old ass needs a little help. Love this bike dont want to give it up just yet. 35 yrs on a harley rode it last week thought damn did it always shakethis bad. Thanks turbo bob.

gp,
did you like the changes?

i bought a new 09 in late 2010, only mods (3) I did was -pegs, -heli, and
-MRA VarioTouringScreen shield. These allowed much more comfort and put the wind on top of helmet, as opposed to right in face.

Heli bars, throttlemeisters and a 19t front sprox and I loved my commutes to reserves. 100 miles of interstate each way like it was nothing.

They'll definitely make it more comfortable bro,have had them on all 3 of my Busas over the last 14 years.Have a couple of pics for comparison when I was switching mine out,OEM bar on right and Heli-Bar on left/clutch side:

4-23-2013Heli-Bars001_zps21e901ca.jpg

4-23-2013Heli-Bars005_zpsf734828f.jpg

Heli-Bars on both sides:

4-23-2013Heli-Bars006_zps3a6470c2.jpg

Love mine. One of the best mods for sure.
Yes, the oem lines fit fine.
I can go to full tilt in bith directions without touching btw.
Troy

I just ordered some helibars for my new one, hope they make it a little easier on the wrists....
I have two seats, one has a LOT of miles on it and the foam is comfortable but squashed down from use, which lets me sit slightly lower
and takes a LOT of stress off my wrists. The other seat is like new and sits noticeably higher and really kills my wrists. So, I'm not suggesting
you do anything, but just giving you some food for thought..!! :-)
BB

My only real problem with the OEM grips is when riding downhill s l o w l y...then, my wrists hurt and my neck hurts from trying to see, not only the trees but the tops of the trees! I have very long arms and apparently that's good to have for the leaned forward position...but not slowly downhill...

got them on and it helped alot, now I need touring wind screen. Yes that idd the trick.
gp,
did you like the changes?

i bought a new 09 in late 2010, only mods (3) I did was -pegs, -heli, and
-MRA VarioTouringScreen shield. These allowed much more comfort and put the wind on top of helmet, as opposed to right in face.

Back