Heli-Bar's not aligning?

Vonderbach

Your AD here!
Donating Member
Registered
Well...color me frustrated. I'm finally getting a chance to install the heli-bars on my K8 and I'm already stuck. The screw alignment channel isn't lining up with the hole. The bar is inserted as far as it will go, but the channel is off by a 1/4"..... any ideas? I just had a thought....do you suppose that my aftermarket triple tree is keeping the heli-bars from going all the way in???? I hope that's not it.

My wife is going to laugh at me if I don't get help before 4PM, so there's a deadline for my manhood. :laugh:

Edit: You can't see the actual alignment issue here, but you can certainly see where the issue is located. (And yes, it's dusty :( )

IMG00017-20100206-1226.jpg

Last edited:
Is the bar rotated to the correct angle? It should be back and up, not just up. From that picture it's difficult to tell. Is the groove not going in far enough to line up? If it's not then I would suspect the aftermarket triple tree might need some minor modification for a proper fit.

Mine fit spot-on, maybe you just got a bad one (give them a call, or email with this pic).

You will be amazed at just how much that little bit of adustment makes it easier on your hands/wrists.

One question, is there any way you could have them switched (each is marked for LH and RH and should not be interchangeable)....

Ok guys...it was what I suspected. I took some measurements from the old bars (dust line) and the new ones, and the heli-bars don't have the right depth for the after market tree.

But...I have a solution.

00000124126-Milwaukee18volt12inchCompactDrillDriver260122-large.jpe

Sorry to have troubled you guys...while I was writing the first post, I had that thought and edited the post to reflect that. I went out, drilled the bar a bit and the screws snugged right up. I don't think it's going to cause any trouble.

Thanks for the opinions guys. And yes skydivr, I did reverse them at first...but that was another story. :poke:

I took it for a quick spin and everything seems tight. Can't say I noticed anything really up front, but I suspect my back will next time I take her for a long spin. :)

Buell pegs are next, gonne get them done before the wife gets home.

My wife is going to laugh at me if I don't get help before 4PM, so there's a deadline for my manhood

This is why you start mods after all go to sleep so there is nobody awake to laugh at you..:poke:
Least that is how I do it !

:thumbsup::bowdown:

Last edited:
Back