Heli bars installed

dozerdogue

Registered
I just had my Heli bars installed today on my K9 and all I can say is WOW!! I can't believe how much pressure they take off your wrists and upper body. I drove 25 miles home with them on and felt great when I got off the bike. This was a well worth upgrade. I also feel like I have more leverage on the bike.:thumbsup:

Here are some quick pics.
helibars004.jpg

helibars002.jpg

helibars001.jpg

We appreciate you running out to your garage and taking those pic :) 11:44 on the clock. That's org dedication.

Did you put them on, or had someone do it.

I had the dealer do it. I just don't have the patience for things like this. It cost me like 70 bucks labor. Well worth it if you ask me seeing as they had to slightly extend the wires and cut the grips and reinstall new ones.

bike already had HeliBars when I bought it (courtesy of the 1st owner)....so do not have a reference point of NOT having it. but my wrists sure are grateful :)

The Helibars looks fine :thumbsup:

Personally I have no problems using the stock bars even for longer trips. Last weekend I rode about 1500 miles to Germany and back. It is only at low speeds that it is needed to rest by raising up the body and drive with the right arm only, this gives a complete upright seating position, wich is better than leaning forward at low speeds in combination with road bumps.

They had to cut some wires to make it work? Those bars were going to be the first thing I was going to do along with the footpegs.

I installed HeliBars on my 08 Busa and did not have to cut the gripes...I did have to reroute some wires...that's it...took about 0.5 hours total...

So, for that other thread where someone was asking why they are so high - this is the reason they are still worth it. I know it makes a world of difference to my ride!

Glad you like!
I put some on mine but took them off a couple weeks later. I like the stock ones I guess.

just saw my last login was 1-30-2011..wow!! Anyway, I installed my heli bars since then but I had to "adjust and roll them rearward" today... so much better! I didnt know

I wish I could get some 6 inch apes for my King. But then I'd have to buy all new brake hoses throttle etc. I'm WAYYY to cheap for that. So I keep what I have.......

Back