Height to ride a Hayabusa

Yatta

Registered
It seems like a lot of people are saying that they are over six feet tall and they own a Hayabusa, but is there a certain height that I should be to ride a Hayabusa or any other motorcycle?

I am 5' 10" and have no trouble with mine...
There are several adjustments that can be made to compensate for a riders height. I am guessing you are a very new rider?

post-52-02136-welcome.gif
to the board...have a look around, there are tons of threads with TONS of info to get you started on your way

(MC MUSTANG @ Sep. 27 2006,14:30) I am 5' 10" and have no trouble with mine...
There are several adjustments that can be made to compensate for a riders height.  I am guessing you are a very new rider?
He is not 5'10......5'6 on a generous day. Maybe!

Seriously......many shorter riders enjoy the Busa because it naturally has a low seat height. I rode with someone lasy year who was about .....5'5 or 5'6 and he rode pretty good.

aboard!

I'm 5'8" and don't have problems. Mine's still at stock height, but I'll probably lower it and inch so I can 'flat-foot' it.

We've got several members that are of....average...height and ride. I think VaBusa is 5'2"...she's got hers lowered a couple of inches...

there are many ways to compensate... I just hope this is NOT yopur first bike.

You can:

get the seat cut

lower the rear 1 or 2 inches

get a diferent rear tire from stock, most are lower...

(CorrodedAlien @ Sep. 27 2006,18:08) there are many ways to compensate...

You can:

get the seat cut

lower the rear 1 or 2 inches

get a diferent rear tire from stock, most are lower...
+1 to that even though its orange and you cant read it  
poke.gif

Post up some pics

(Devil Dog @ Sep. 27 2006,16:34)
There are several adjustments that can be made to compensate for a riders height.  I am guessing you are a very new rider?

Seriously......many shorter riders enjoy the Busa because it naturally has a low seat height.  I rode with someone lasy year who was about .....5'5 or 5'6 and he rode pretty good.
CAn we split the difference and call it 5'8"?
"laugh"

(MC MUSTANG @ Sep. 27 2006,19:07)

Seriously......many shorter riders enjoy the Busa because it naturally has a low seat height.  I rode with someone lasy year who was about .....5'5 or 5'6 and he rode pretty good.
"laugh"
I think you need to show them your midget picture. You know which one I am talking about...

5'7" and no problem at all. When I was shopping around I sat on a Busa then a GSXR 1000. The 1000 felt like I could pick the whole bike up and walk out of the shop with it. The Busa felt alot bigger. I almost bought the GSXR but got a good deal on a 2005 LE Busa. I would of been happy either way I guess.

I recommend about 10 feet tall... just so it adds to the mythos of the hayabusa.

Seriously, unless you are under 5’3â€￾ and 100lbs, you will be fine on most bikes.

(Shanling @ Sep. 27 2006,18:12)
(MC MUSTANG @ Sep. 27 2006,19:07)

"laugh"
I think you need to show them your midget picture. You know which one I am talking about...
You mean this one?
smile.gif

DSC04987.JPG

(MC MUSTANG @ Sep. 27 2006,16:30) I am 5' 10" and have no trouble with mine...
There are several adjustments that can be made to compensate for a riders height. I am guessing you are a very new rider?
You look bigger in your pics... I guess that's because you're such a buff stud!

-----

I'm 5'10" with shoes and I can flatfoot the bike if it's level and straight. If I lean it a bit, I can't.

I think you need to be able to at least plant the balls of your feet down at a stop to be able to ride a Busa... at a minimum. But... the bike can always be lowered. Keep that in mind.

As long as you don't have to get off the bike to back up, you're good. Ain't nothin funnier than seeing a dude pull up to park his bike and having to get off and push it cuz his feet don't touch..........

Yep - That is the picture I am talking about. That one killed me when I saw it the first time!!!

ices_rofl.gif

It seems like a lot of people are saying that they are over six feet tall and they own a Hayabusa, but is there a certain height that I should be to ride a Hayabusa or any other motorcycle?

You gotta me a mans height to be on mans bike.... 6ft tall sounds about right.....
I called Suzuki once and asked them how they determined the size of the Suzuki Hayabusa and they said anything smaller than 6ft tall would have to stand on their tippy toes..

Back