Height requirement lol !

acidpool

Registered
Just curios about this i used to ride a honda cbr 900 when i was 18 got rid of it after 1 year and now at 21 thinking about getting a hayabusa GSX1300r any way i grew about 5 inches since the time i last rode  and  now i weigh about 225 and my height is about 6'5 .. is it a good idea to consider a bike like a hayabusa ... the experience of rideing isnt a big deal ive rode for awhile but just my height is a concern to me! is it a good idea to get one at that height ? or is there a diff bike i should consider ?

No problem little man.......
(I'm 6'5" 240lb) and, being short like yourself, find the Busa quite comfy! Might lower the front pegs with some alternate pegs. Suggestions borrow a set from the TL or buy some VP360 from Lockhart Phillips. Works great! :)

Welcome!

At 6'5" and 19 stone (you figure it out), the Hayabusa is nice. I also added some Helibars which make things even more comfortable.

--Juggler

Yeah Man, you'll find a whole lot of Busa riders that are right up in your range.  Bottom line, try it on and see what you think.  The Busa is about the only Sportbike besides a Blackbird that isn't going to make you look like Grape Ape rolling down the street.  Or as one member put it a while back..."Like a Chimp F*#*ing a football...  :laugh:

man i feel like i need a foot stool just to get on my bike i am only like 5'8....lucky i lowered the busa could not touch flat footed till now :cool:

Thx guys glad to hear that others at my height like the bike ... that was really my only concern.. and you know what im going out tommorrow and gettin a 2004 hayabusa thx for the reassurance lol ... man im so anxious to get it and start rideing ...

and thx for the welcome i feel right at home  :beerchug:

ill also takes some pics of it and me rideing it man im so proud lol ...

Thx guys glad to hear that others at my height like the bike ... that was really my only concern.. and you know what im going out tommorrow and gettin a 2004 hayabusa thx for the reassurance lol ... man im so anxious to get it and start rideing ...

and thx for the welcome i feel right at home  :beerchug:

ill also takes some pics of it and me rideing it man im so proud lol ...
So what 2004 Color has your eye?  I was actually kinda diggin on the Purple Rain Edition...You know the Purple and Black?

Oh and just in case  A few members have picked up Canadian spec Busa's and saved a few bucks.  Good option if you want an all black one...

Have fun, take it easy on the green tires, and some folks are using heli-bars and love them.  For more leg room you can grab a set of TL1000 footpegs from Ron Ayers.

Have fun...

Im swinging towards the purple and black also , thats a tight lookin combo. But i also like the Dark Blue and White lol..

i think i might go with the purple and black tho ... can always alter the colors later if i want ! :thumbsup:

The Busa is about the only Sportbike besides a Blackbird that isn't going to make you look like Grape Ape rolling down the street.  Or as one member put it a while back..."Like a Chimp F*#*ing a football...  :laugh:
I prefer the ...."he looks like a fuggin' circus bear" analogy.
You know, them cute lil' bears ridin' tricycles...hee hee hee.

Cracks me up evertime . Anyway...yer height shouldn't be a problem...

The Net-Nanny (Revlis) could do one of his polls for ya , and find out the average Busa rider height for you.

My guess....6'1" or 2....there's some BIG mofo's on this site .
I think my pal BIGWALL is prolly the biggest, If I remember correctly he stands about 6'7".

hav agood 1....RSD.

Yeah Man, you'll find a whole lot of Busa riders that are right up in your range.  Bottom line, try it on and see what you think.  The Busa is about the only Sportbike besides a Blackbird that isn't going to make you look like Grape Ape rolling down the street.  Or as one member put it a while back..."Like a Chimp F*#*ing a football...  :laugh:
HAHA.. my sister said something very similar about me when I got the Ninja 500 a couple years ago.. 6'1" 220lbs on that bike. :bounce:
si.

I would like to add that I weight 78 Kgs...
Hey (silencer),
I thought you might help me again with your funky number system... :)
I'll help ya stranger, 78 X 2.2 = 172.2 pounds .

yer a middle weight(Boxing) or maybe one class lower,can't remember.

I thinks it goes: Fly,feather,light,middle,cruiser,heavy,super-heavy, i missed a few I'm sure....also depends on the santioning body...IBC,IBA

Back