Heavy duty spring for 300 kit?

kingbusa

Registered
Hi guys,
I'm planning to get a 300 tire kit with 8' stretch. In addition, I'm getting a fully adjustable lowering link. A lot of people told me to get a heavy duty spring so it won't rub. I'm 180lbs guy and my wife is 126lbs.
How much the stock spring weight? Do I need the heavy duty spring above 1100lbs?
Thanks for your help in advance.

I have one bike with a 12 over and my other is a 10 over and i have racetech springs in them. If you go to there sight they have a calculator for stock rider weight correction as i call it. Just go with their stiffest one. and there is alot of adjustment that can be done as well. So far so good with mine.

900 at least, if your not going to ride it slammed, but if your going to ride it slammed you need to stiffin it up some more!

GO AIR-ride. I have the Dapincci, or even check out MBP dual set-up. Dual air will let you slam it for looks and then air up for the twisties.....rollin a fatty in the back ( the higher the better for twisties ). You can adjust the rebound compression for when you haul the Wife too. I dont know what spring kits cost, but a dual air-ride will run you $700 - 1,000. Single cylinder air-rides like Tricky guessing $ 500.
Your also going to want adjustable lower links. That stretch will put the tail way up in the air too. The link will bring it back to the stock height or even lower if you like. Try Soupy's or Brocks adjustables.

Last edited:
MBP is a member here...dont know if you has a web site yet. I'll hit em up and send him here for ya.

Dapincci...dont think they seel straight out. Have to find a dealer. CHeck with RoaringToyz, Tocc.biz, Spinwurkz, ect. Mine came from Roaring.

Hi Guys,

The MBP site is still being built at the moment, if you are considering air ride heres a few points to think about.

1 - When the bike is in the full lowered position (on the air ride stops) the tyre will still have clearance so there is no chance of bottoming out.

2 - Air Ride Suspension is more capable of heavier weights, for example with stretching a bike the extent of the rear wheel gains mechanical advantage and therefore you need to upgrade the suspension so air ride is an excellent upgrade.

3 - Twin chamber Air Ride is totally adjustable with height and rebound control, these systems can be ridden at any height and comfort level. Soft, hard etc

4 - With Air ride you can always option up the system like Remote control, Twin compressors, cylinder options, instant up, tank purge kits, Quality twin needle Air gauges (for Twin Chamber Kits), i only use Viair gauges and compressors and adjustable remote reservoir for even more control.

5 - If you lower a bike with lowering links using a standard or resprung shock the bike is lower but the shock still has the same amount of travel and if the bike is weighed up there is a chance it will bottom out.

Like bigrod1300 mentioned with that stretch the tail will be up there and i would suggest to use soupys or brocks adjustable links to have the rear adjusted to the height you like in the fully lowered position, preferably 1/4" to 3/8" clearance between tyre and guard with a 330 rear.

I have just recently manufactured a Twin Chamber kit for a Busa 330 + 10"

If you have any questions at all in regards to Motorcycle Air Ride Suspension, im more than happy to help.

Matt

Last edited:
Hi guys,
I'm planning to get a 300 tire kit with 8' stretch. In addition, I'm getting a fully adjustable lowering link. A lot of people told me to get a heavy duty spring so it won't rub. I'm 180lbs guy and my wife is 126lbs.
How much the stock spring weight? Do I need the heavy duty spring above 1100lbs?
Thanks for your help in advance.

Wow! 8 feet is a hell of a stretch. JK! LOL :rofl:

Back