Heavy duty clutch springs

09vmax

Registered
Will be putting a stage I kit on bike soon. Do you guys recommend putting heavier clutch springs on with a stage I or can I get away without? Not looking to take bike to track. Just fun on the street.

I believe that they are an option...you can always add them later if the clutch slips

Really depends on what the bike makes. Sounds like you won't be pushing it from a dig. Probably optional. If you go with heavy springs go with the heavy housing.

Will be putting a stage I kit on bike soon. Do you guys recommend putting heavier clutch springs on with a stage I or can I get away without? Not looking to take bike to track. Just fun on the street.

Slightly heavier - not killer - springs, clutch mod, oil pump gear and slave support should be installed.:laugh:

If you go with heavier clutch springs be sure to add a slave cylinder support, they are known to break with heavier springs.

can you just add a spacer on stock springs / with a support for the slave deal? I broke my stock plastic housing by adding hd springs without a support / billet housing...if you are getting a turbo kit don't skimp on the other parts that will keep you from riding...it is no fun trying to ride with a cracked housing...I laugh now but at the time I was upset not knowing why my clutch was useless

buy a full set and fit half hd (turbo springs) half standard for low boost street bike stuff that will see traffic
full set for the more serious bike and higher boost levels

Slave support is a definite need

Back