Heavy Duty Clutch plates for Super Charged Busa 08+

Energizer

Registered
Hi everyone! Can someone advice really heavy duty clutch plates?
We've got 1 kit already burnt out, and i see atm variety of "high performance" kits, but i don't want to buy just a replacement for stock ones.
Thanks in advance.

Hmm...most of what I read is that the stock clutch plates are actually pretty good. I don't have a supercharged monster, so I guess you can take it for what it's worth.

I have a 2000...and I just recently replaced the stock 13yr old clutch plates with EBC heavy duty plates. So far so good. :)

I am no expert but dial in the hit...you can burn up stock discs or aftermarket ones...ape / stock plates work well

You either need a lock up or you need to adjust your lock up,conventional hand-clutch is not going to hold the HP or TQ. You can put moster springs in but risk breaking the countershaft cover w heavy static pressure

Oldgixxer just about covered what I was thinking. It sounds like you are riding it pretty hard, which is what it was made for, so ride on!! You may want to consider a heavy duty, racing clutch setup, such as something from Schnitz Racing.

Thanks, guys! Thought so as u said.
Will grab stock plates with lock-up clutch kit

Hey Alex, I'm in the process of supercharging my 08 Busa, did you solve the clutch issue coz mines slipping at 75% throttle on the dyno at around 300 bhp

Honestly, a lockup of some sorts maybe best in these situations. But heck I have heard some have gotten away without. I personally would run a lockup especially if I feel I do not need the forearms of Popeye. Easy on hand and less slippage once in boost which will give longer life to the plates. I have a single stage on my old 750 Turbo and have ridden a single stage and multi stage on several Busas and ZX14s that made upwards of 400hp. But with that said, I ended up spending big bucks for the NLR air assist clutch setup. For the street I feel it is hands down the best.

Honestly, a lockup of some sorts maybe best in these situations. But heck I have heard some have gotten away without. I personally would run a lockup especially if I feel I do not need the forearms of Popeye. Easy on hand and less slippage once in boost which will give longer life to the plates. I have a single stage on my old 750 Turbo and have ridden a single stage and multi stage on several Busas and ZX14s that made upwards of 400hp. But with that said, I ended up spending big bucks for the NLR air assist clutch setup. For the street I feel it is hands down the best.

Thanks for the advise Steve, you're a top guy :bowdown:

Mine makes 400hp and I have zero slip with all heavies. I have to use a slave support and I fit a sprocket saver over that for double push through protection. 25k miles and no problems, except for two regular clutch job, Which were induced by drag weekends.

Mine makes 400hp and I have zero slip with all heavies. I have to use a slave support and I fit a sprocket saver over that for double push through protection. 25k miles and no problems, except for two regular clutch job, Which were induced by drag weekends.

Thanks for the info John and I have the slave support on order which should be here today :thumbsup:

I'd love to get a boost compensated lock up clutch at some point. Easier on the hand and it looks soooooo cool. Also it's tuneable via an AMS 1000. I'm not sure about the supercharger vs turbo variable would factor in to this though (the boost control part).

I have Track plates and springs on order for my Supercharged Busa currently making 323 bhp at the wheel. I will post on here once I know how they are performing :D

I have Track plates and springs on order for my Supercharged Busa currently making 323 bhp at the wheel. I will post on here once I know how they are performing :D

Track plates and springs performed great on the dyno at 325 bhp, all slipping issues resolved. Will let you know how they seem on the road as soon as I get her back :race::drool:

Back