Heavy Duty Clutch plates for Super Charged Busa 08+

Energizer

Registered
Hi everyone! Can someone advice really heavy duty clutch plates?
We've got 1 kit already burnt out, and i see atm variety of "high performance" kits, but i don't want to buy just a replacement for stock ones.
Thanks in advance.

PACIFICBUSA

The Shaver Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
Hmm...most of what I read is that the stock clutch plates are actually pretty good. I don't have a supercharged monster, so I guess you can take it for what it's worth.

I have a 2000...and I just recently replaced the stock 13yr old clutch plates with EBC heavy duty plates. So far so good. :)

RYC1966

Donating Member
Registered
I am no expert but dial in the hit...you can burn up stock discs or aftermarket ones...ape / stock plates work well

oldgixxer

Registered
You either need a lock up or you need to adjust your lock up,conventional hand-clutch is not going to hold the HP or TQ. You can put moster springs in but risk breaking the countershaft cover w heavy static pressure

Postal

Donating Member
Registered
Oldgixxer just about covered what I was thinking. It sounds like you are riding it pretty hard, which is what it was made for, so ride on!! You may want to consider a heavy duty, racing clutch setup, such as something from Schnitz Racing.

bigdev

Registered
Thanks, guys! Thought so as u said.
Will grab stock plates with lock-up clutch kit
Hey Alex, I'm in the process of supercharging my 08 Busa, did you solve the clutch issue coz mines slipping at 75% throttle on the dyno at around 300 bhp

Busashot

Registered
Honestly, a lockup of some sorts maybe best in these situations. But heck I have heard some have gotten away without. I personally would run a lockup especially if I feel I do not need the forearms of Popeye. Easy on hand and less slippage once in boost which will give longer life to the plates. I have a single stage on my old 750 Turbo and have ridden a single stage and multi stage on several Busas and ZX14s that made upwards of 400hp. But with that said, I ended up spending big bucks for the NLR air assist clutch setup. For the street I feel it is hands down the best.

bigdev

Registered
Honestly, a lockup of some sorts maybe best in these situations. But heck I have heard some have gotten away without. I personally would run a lockup especially if I feel I do not need the forearms of Popeye. Easy on hand and less slippage once in boost which will give longer life to the plates. I have a single stage on my old 750 Turbo and have ridden a single stage and multi stage on several Busas and ZX14s that made upwards of 400hp. But with that said, I ended up spending big bucks for the NLR air assist clutch setup. For the street I feel it is hands down the best.

Thanks for the advise Steve, you're a top guy :bowdown:

turbojonny

Registered
Mine makes 400hp and I have zero slip with all heavies. I have to use a slave support and I fit a sprocket saver over that for double push through protection. 25k miles and no problems, except for two regular clutch job, Which were induced by drag weekends.

bigdev

Registered
Mine makes 400hp and I have zero slip with all heavies. I have to use a slave support and I fit a sprocket saver over that for double push through protection. 25k miles and no problems, except for two regular clutch job, Which were induced by drag weekends.
Thanks for the info John and I have the slave support on order which should be here today :thumbsup:

turbojonny

Registered
I'd love to get a boost compensated lock up clutch at some point. Easier on the hand and it looks soooooo cool. Also it's tuneable via an AMS 1000. I'm not sure about the supercharger vs turbo variable would factor in to this though (the boost control part).

bigdev

Registered
I have Track plates and springs on order for my Supercharged Busa currently making 323 bhp at the wheel. I will post on here once I know how they are performing :D

bigdev

Registered
I have Track plates and springs on order for my Supercharged Busa currently making 323 bhp at the wheel. I will post on here once I know how they are performing :D
Track plates and springs performed great on the dyno at 325 bhp, all slipping issues resolved. Will let you know how they seem on the road as soon as I get her back :race::drool:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
0 Heavy duty clutch springs Turbo 8
B APE Heavy Duty Clutch question Gen II Busa Information 1
G heavy duty clutch springs? General Discussion 2
O Heavy Duty clutch springs General Discussion 1
A Iso Heavy duty fork springs General Bike Related Topics 2
Ham Heavy Duty Springs Gen II Busa Information 8
rubbersidedown *free* Really Nice Heavy Duty Motorcycle Tie Down Strap General Bike Related Topics 6
TYJUAN WALTON Heavy Duty Front Sprocket Cover Busa Mods 5
I heavy duty output shaft and roller cam chain conversion?? Turbo 12
ColdBusa Heavy Duty Output Shaft Sprocket Engine and Performance mods 4
all4sho Trac Dynamics Heavy Duty Rear Shock Help Gen II Busa Information 7
jermzfree When do you need heavy duty head studs? Turbo 12
BLKMAMBA Heavy Duty Battery General Bike Related Topics 23
U Heavy duty spring for rear shock.... Gen II Busa Information 11
card16969 heavy duty oil pan? All Motor 16
Fastfrog007 ATC heavy duty spring info.... General Bike Related Topics 9
EvoChrisLee Heavy Duty Output Shaft All Motor 9
hayabusa99b/w heavy duty valve springs do u need aftermarket retainers? Turbo 7
Fastfrog007 Spring rate? Heavy duty spring? General Bike Related Topics 5
J Gen 2 heavy Duty Output shaft Engine and Performance mods 3
J Heavy Duty Trans output Shaft Gen II Busa Information 0
T heavy duty rear shock General Bike Related Topics 5
kingbusa Heavy duty spring for 300 kit? Busa Mods 9
zukracer Working on a project - Anyone have access to heavy duty draw slides? Random Thoughts 12
S New Heavy Duty Cush Drive Rubbers General Bike Related Topics 29
Y Need some heavy duty parts. General Bike Related Topics 3
jjbusa Heavy Duty Rear Shock Spring General Bike Related Topics 3
B APE Heavy Duty Starter Gear Racing Technical 2
O Free heavy duty engine stud kit General Discussion 6
WuzzaCBXRider Heavy rotors Random Thoughts 4
R Heavy hitter seat pan General Bike Related Topics 3
S Who makes a heavy front axle for our bikes? Gen II Busa Information 7
D Lot of smoke under heavy throttle? Turbo 10
SSGT_B Unstable Heavy In Turns Busa problems 34
fallenarch Heavy Bikes Scare Me! Other rides of our members past and present 28
Rivercop UK My Busa Christmas Garage Modification (pic Heavy) General Bike Related Topics 8
D With a heavy heart I come to you this morning Random Thoughts 6
VaBusa It is with a heavy heart that I report... Random Thoughts 33
D So it is with a heavy heart Random Thoughts 38
B Shipping long/heavy exhaust? General Bike Related Topics 8
Boosted Cycle Perf Anyone interested in a pic heavy build thread? Turbo 55
limpytheduck Need opinion about riding in heavy rain General Bike Related Topics 18
D It is with a sad and heavy heart that I must report... Random Thoughts 12
SLEEPERBUSA SLEEPERBUSA's 8 second heavy hitter, all motor, streetbike. 1/4 Mile 25
RMS2005 Is it done yet, prolly not!!! ( Pic Heavy ) General Bike Related Topics 18
Audiomaker Riding a Turbo in Heavy Rain? Turbo 27
SoCal Blur Track Day Electronics GPD w/ ATRE (Picture Heavy) Busa Mods 9
Lurch Pictures from todays Holy Hill ride. Pic Heavy (100+) Random Thoughts 29
Gpmo Utah in a week (pic heavy) Trips and Touring 13
red1100cc Org Hoons return from Sturgis. (pic and fun heavy!) General Bike Related Topics 59