Heatsets advice.

newman

Registered
Thinking about getting some new headsets.

Already got a Scala Rider which came with my Sat Nav.

Went out with Lynne today, her On her Scooter and me on the Busa.
And thought it would be a good idea to get a set each.

Had to persuade Lynne though, she said I talk to much at home as it is.:laugh:

Now to what I need.

First Bluetooth, I suppose this is obvious, but I don't know about these new fangled gadgets.:laugh:

Hear my Sat Nav.

Be able to talk to Lynne, this is also obvious.

Block wind noise, as Lynne couldn't hear her bike instructor properly, when she took her CBT test.

Having them loud would be good as I think Lynne and me are both going a bit deaf.:laugh:
I know I'm supposed to have a hearing aid for my left ear anyway.

Also I don't know the range of different headsets.

Don't need them for a Phone.

Listening to music might be nice.

I think that is all, but I'm likely to have forgotten something.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I had to click to see what the heck was a heaTset? Glad I'm not crazy, interested myself which one to get.

I have the Blinc stem it works awesome. It came built in on my O'Niel Tirade helmet . Hearis a reviewI found tat is pretty good . I did onehere on th boardalso a couple yars ago . The only problem is the volume doesn't go up enoug to talk with the wind after about 40mph to anoter rider . If you are using your phone it will get loader with the volume turned up on it . I hear my music and can answer calls at 65 easily. Two-Wheeled Tourist: Product Review: Blinc M2 Bluetooth Helmet Headset

here is my reveiw https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/general-bike-related-topics/138308-oneal-tirade-helmet.html

Which model in the Scala series are you currently using? My wife and I recently upgraded from the Q2 to the G9, and have been very pleased with the improvements. They're a lot better in pretty much every way.

Oh, and thanks to Justin at Honda East for a great deal on the set. :thumbsup:

Helmets with G9 Radios (1 of 1).jpg

My Scala Rider is just the one person thingy.

The price of a SMH10 duel set over here in the UK is $500.:banghead:

Which model in the Scala series are you currently using? My wife and I recently upgraded from the Q2 to the G9, and have been very pleased with the improvements. They're a lot better in pretty much every way.

Oh, and thanks to Justin at Honda East for a great deal on the set. :thumbsup:

Mmmmmm ma ma ammo cans :)

I just got the Sena SMH5 a month ago, absolutely love it.
Got the dual system as I have a another rider, sounds perfect.
You say no phone, but I answered calls the other day going into work, they had no idea I was running 60mph on the busa, said it was clear as a bell.
Music isn't that great, lacks bass response like good earbuds, but OK clear and loud enough for me.

Good luck!

+ 1 on the Sena SMH 10. Turn it on it connects quickly and reliable with my Samsung S3. Intercom, Phone, GPS, Music. It all works! Also, what I think is most important is that Sena continues to support the product with continual software upgrades and improvements.

Sena SMH5 here- as mentioned, communicating with another Sena user or taking a call works flawlessly. The sound for music leaves something to be desired, but is better than nothing.

You will not be able to connect to a Scala with a Sena.

What off sets the cost between the smh5 and smh10? In the market also.

SMH5 vs SMH10: Differences and why you should just pay the $$ for the SMH10. - YouTube[/url]

The 5 is a nice set regardless of the limitations mentioned on the review. I use it everytime I ride and haven't had a problem with it at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
The bad part about some of these are, if you ride with others that don't have what you do there is no communication.. I would like the sena 10 but most guys here have chatterboxes...

The bad part about some of these are, if you ride with others that don't have what you do there is no communication.. I would like the sena 10 but most guys here have chatterboxes...

You think so? I haven't seen any version of Chatterbox being used in at least a couple of years. Seems like a lot of guys on the org are very happy with their Sena gear. I know there are some who use Autocom as well, but that's a lot more involved than any of these self-contained units. Several of us in this area have been using Cardo Scala products for about 3 years now, and they seem to do a fine job for our purposes, especially with the newer G4 and G9 models.

I've never used a Chatterbox, but my understanding is that they use normal radio frequencies, so there's no limit to the number of riders in the conversation. On the other hand, I've very rarely heard anything good about their actual performance.

You can also buy an adapter for the Sena units to use a GMRS radio. That way you can talk to your Chatterbox brethren.. :beerchug:

I LOVE my SMH10. Just paired it yesterday with my new GPS and am STILL in love with this communicator. Does everything I want it to, sounds great (I use the earbud base for the SMH10) and the batteries last all day and then some.

Back