heated grips install question

Schism

Donating Member
Registered
i bought a set of heated pads from aerostitch for my oem grips and the install ran smooth but i was curious about the resistor that came with it. i was wondering if i removed the resistor entirely will it generate more heat to the grips and will there be any drawbacks? they put out a decent heat but i would like them hotter if possible. i opted for the on/off set up instead of the low/off/high. thanks!

on/off set up? is that hi heat when its on or low.

I had these on my old r6 and they got really hot. I since sold the bike and installed a set on the busa and they seam like they dont get hot at all.

On thing that might be the problem is that when I had the r6 I wore non-vented leather gloves and the grips kept my hand toasty. I since where vented racing gloves and I think that allows cold air to penetrate them not keeping my hands as warm as I like.

personally I would keep the resistor and hook up both hi and low. Some of those cool evenings, low is perfect for your hands.

i bought a set of heated pads from aerostitch for my oem grips and the install ran smooth but i was curious about the resistor that came with it. i was wondering if i removed the resistor entirely will it generate more heat to the grips and will there be any drawbacks? they put out a decent heat but i would like them hotter if possible. i opted for the on/off set up instead of the low/off/high. thanks!

the resistor should be for the low setting, without it you will have high setting only.
If you installed the resistor and only an on-off position, you probably are running on low only.
Also, heated grips on a busa take longer to heat up due to the bars being solid. Most of the heat goes into the bars. When they heat up it should be ok. I suggest keeping the hi-lo option.

Last edited:
i originally try to go for just one of those snazzy on/off switches insted of the lo/off/hi toggles that came with it and that was the problem! i did wrap the clutch side a few times with electrical tape due to the aluminum bar eating up a lot of the heat. i kept the resistor and toggle and all is good. thanks guys! :beerchug:

Insulate the left bar with tape or heatshrink so it don't become a heat sink. This way the bar don't take all of the heat needed to keep your hand's from falling off. Tip from the dirtbike world.

Back