Heated grips/grip heaters

Shibumi

Donating Member
Registered
Searched ten pages and no posts on this-

Fall is coming, and I want to be able to ride as long as I can. What is the best way to go, heated grips or some kind of grip heater? Do you have to have a winter glove with these, or will your summer gloves do? Those who have actually used these, please post up.

Also, what is a good winter glove that still gives good control feel? Any windproof/waterproof types out there that don't look and feel like a snowmobile glove??

Arkansas winter? You could ride in jeans and a long sleeve shirt down there! Come up here and ride 30miles to work when it is 33 degrees outside. I try not to ride below 35 degrees, but sometimes the urge to do it just takes over.

Heated grips for a BUSA
rock.gif
...maybe you might want to test drive a BMW
tounge.gif

Go get yourself some WINTER gloves
wink.gif

Arkansas winter? You could ride in jeans and a long sleeve shirt down there! Come up here and ride 30miles to work when it is 33 degrees outside. I try not to ride below 35 degrees, but sometimes the urge to do it just takes over.
Dude, catch up on current events! This is Northwest Arkansas, not southern humid subtropical climate! We have four clean, crisp seasons here and in winter it snows, and sometimes gets down to 0 degrees or less!
rock.gif
Mostly 30's-40's for winter, but we do get extremes as well.
smile.gif

Heated grips for a BUSA
rock.gif
...maybe you might want to test drive a BMW
tounge.gif

Go get yourself some WINTER gloves
wink.gif
Yeah, whatta YOU know- like Cali has WINTERS...
biggrin.gif

j/k, jealousy speaking here
smile.gif
You think it's ALL sunshine and Margaritas...we do get snow in CA
sad.gif
What, San Francisco in summer?!?
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Actually, I have two siblings in Cali, one in Berkeley, and one in San Jose.

Drove through northern Cali once, Redding, Eureka, Crescent City on the way to Cannon Beach and over to Portland, OR to visit my brother. Absolutely beautiful. And what I wouldn't give to make that drive now on the Busa...

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Okay, I digress (such a thing as jacking your own thread?
rock.gif
)

Back to heated grips, anyone else use 'em?

Anyone used Widder heated gloves? I got the vest and arm chaps on sale in July (
smile.gif
), how are the gloves as far as feel?

Dual star Grip heaters are like $30 and you can run any grips you want over em. Best $30 I have spent on my Bike! I have run them down to 26 degrees and love them!
http://www.dual-star.com/index2/Rider/heated_grip_kit1.htm
So these wrap around and are glued directly to the bars, and the grip slides over them? Any problems with these as far as binding etc?
The only thng that was an issue was that I could no longer use my NEP cruise control with them.The power cable for the throttle side grip would hang up on it slightly. Not a problem since I added the throttlemiester, though I hated to get rid of my custom Brass bar ends.

Dual star Grip heaters are like $30 and you can run any grips you want over em. Best $30 I have spent on my Bike! I have run them down to 26 degrees and love them!
So these wrap around and are glued directly to the bars, and the grip slides over them? Any problems with these as far as binding etc?
The only thng that was an issue was that I could no longer use my NEP cruise control with them.The power cable for the throttle side grip would hang up on it slightly. Not a problem since I added the throttlemiester, though I hated to get rid of my custom Brass bar ends.
Cool- is that the switch for them just to the left of the grip in the picture?

Anyone worn these? Look like a good glove, if not too thick...

Tour Master Cold Front Carbon

C'mon people, I know it's just September but Fall is just around the corner...

Everybody park their bikes, or do we have a few hardy intrepid souls out there?

i have the hot grips $ for the kit. has a two stage switch , that mounts right to the clutch res.

the reason that i like them is up to about 35 degrees i can still wear my summer gloves ,and below those temps with the winter gloves i can still cook my hands ! there was some modification needed to get the grips on , but about the same as adding any other grip not busa specific also had to pick up a tube of grip stick for a dollar at the dealer , i can ride year round with the heated grips , i have riden without them but after 20 minutes at hiway speed in temps below 49 my hands are frozen ! if you plan to ride through the winter it would be a great investment !

the widder gloves are great but they are thick and have wires that go to them you need the jacket to plug the gloves into and then you need to buy a seperate thermostat they also have pants and socks that plug in , for a set its like a grand ! but you can ride in your fall/spring gear and they will let you optimise your tempature i dont do any serious riding in the winter but i do commute every day that i can and somtimes get lost on my way home !
biggrin.gif

Cool- is that the switch for them just to the left of the grip in the picture?
Yes I fabbed it out of a piece of "road sign grade" Aluminum. Works great!

I bet those would be some-kinda-nice on those late getting home rides. I've gotten stuck out 200mi. from home in the late fall at mid-night with light gloves on(day trip gone long). I think those would've been nice.

Back