Heated Gear Review...

J.Busa

Registered
O.K. I'm not very good at this but here goes........

I bought the Gerbing's heated jacket liner, the G3 gloves, and a dual temp controller.
Each pc of apparrel you buy has a harness to connect to the battery, so if you have multiple bikes you can leave a pigtail harness on each one to connect to.

The controller plugs into the harness on the bike, and also into the jacket on the left inside.At the end of the sleeves on the outside are zippers that have the plugs that the gloves plug in to.Very basic very simple....

So I hook it all up and I'm ready to ride.It was about 48F outside and I'm running to Dallas so I'm gonna be runnin 80+. I'm wearing a short sleeve shirt,jacket liner,Alpinestar leather jacket,jeans and long johns underneath.Left my house with heated gear on, turned up all the way.Made it about 4 blocks and had to pull over cause I was burnin!!!!!!!!!!   Turned it down about 1/2 way and rode the next 250 miles cozy and haven' a great ride.I could shift my arms and torso around a bit inside my gear and feel the heat in different areas of my body.Hands were never cold and my lower body never even felt cold at all.I may  get the socks and overpants at a later date, but for now I couldn't be happier. I shoulda' got this stuff years ago cause I hate riding when I'm not comfortable, but this stuff ROCKS!!

http://www.gerbing.com/Powersports/motorcycle.php

There's a link to their site cuz I suck at posting all the pics and stuff..
Any questions just ask and I'll do my best to answer....Joel

thumb_up.gif
Sounds like good stuff! I'm only bout 3 hrs south of ya J.Busa, down here in Palestine. Will be making frequent trips to dallas soon!

My folks live on Lake Palestine Bro. I love riding down there. Have to hit you up sometime I'm down there.....
beerchug.gif

Do it man! Ridin weather lately has been a blessing over here. bit windy today, but still takin her out for an afternoon ride. (sorry to all the guys up north US readin this post)

HaHa That's funny. I got D&D carbon slip-ons on mine. You have the D&D alum. slip-ons on yours??

Thanks for the writeup..that's exactly the kind of info that will help me with my decision. Now if I can just find some Gerbring gear at a bargain price....
beerchug.gif

I have the jacket liner, pants liner, gloves (orig and G3 versions), the socks are on back order (regular and comfort version) and both bikes wired for heat. The spouse has the vest liner - he just got it so he hasn't tried it out yet... LOVE the stuff!

Good luck finding any bargains tho - best bet would probably be EBay for anything other than MSRP.

Unfortunately, the Gerbings is never on sale and all the dealers are locked in on price.So I just had to suck it up and buy it.But I figured WTH, buy it once and you won't ever buy it again.And you can always buy 1 pc at a time.If you do I'd get the jacket and a temp controller first, then the gloves, etc...

Thanks everyone.

Jerry, I'll hit you up in Feb. sometime when I take my next trip down there.

Back