Heat

CharlesLewis01

Registered
Anyone else use propane heat?
aefc94eb-572e-5cf3.jpg

We do. We always pre-purchase ours in the spring. Usually save $.50-1.00 per gallon. Last winter we had to get more than we pre-purchased and it cost us $3.49 a.gallon.

from my dunce stool via tapatalk

The going price in our area is $1.77 per gallon. Natural gas prices are more stable if you have access.

I have no idea. I just purchased the house in May. I sure hope it last like 3 years lol

Good luck! Depending on where you live, how efficient your unit is and how well insulated your house is that might get you thru this year.

from my dunce stool via tapatalk

If that lasts you a year, then you are sitting pretty well as long as your power consumption stays down. During the summer and winter we average $300-$400 a month for power, but everything in our home is electric to include the two heat pumps for the house. In the spring and fall though, we average $100-$200 month because we have the lights off most the time and the windows open. So, you have to break that $1020 down by 12 or 6 months and then it really is not that bad.

I should be getting my gas anytime now. Last couple of years it's been around $250 a tank. It last me all winter. All I have are logs.

We use heat pump for primary heating/cooling (but try to keep it from turning on via burning wood), wood stove 24/7 once it gets cold, and still burn 200 gallon of propane through the propane logs each Winter.

Two fills on the 100 gallon tank per Winter usually, but I am locked in at a little cheaper price.

Like said before, fill in the off Season and you usually get a much better rate.

Also with a tank your size, make sure you are not set up on the plan where they come fill it automatically quarterly, monthly, or whatever. A nice convenience but you will run into small charges/hazmat fees etc for a partial fill up each time. I'd rather just keep an eye on the guage and call them when needed than pay a $12 fee to fill a small amount each time.

Propane 3.75 a gallon here in the middle of the oil patch,
There afraid you will start using it in your cars and trucks it it goes below the gasoline price..
100 gallons just cost me 375,00 dollars
Mike

Back