Heat from side fairings

dsmcloud

Registered
I've noticed riding in any weather cold-hot that a lot of heat is coming from my side fairings and really warms up my upper legs crutch are, is this normal?
i need advice becouse when riding on chilly nights not a problem, but holy crap it gets hot in warmer weather. any suggestion would be great.

that's why I can't see people riding in shorts... I've moved mine after a ride and after I changed into shorts, touched the frame and:fire: still pretty toasty after about 30 minutes...but I'm a wuss too:whistle:

I think its normal. Mine does it too. In traffic I have to standup to get my legs of the bike. Its hot as crap

Yeah, it's normal. What I'll do is when back to cruising speed, Slid back on the seat away from the tank and kick my knees out a little. Allows the cooler air to blow through. It's not A/C, but it helps a little.

It's normal.
The small exit holes (vents) in the fairings carry away some heat but that motor runs hot.
Just the way it is.

Heat Happens, its a big bike with lots of heat and the fans will kick it out.
If you ride in lots of traffic it is a heater. Like DO3 said the right is a little hotter than the left, but normal for a large liter bike with fairings.
Bubba

I usually get to cruising speed if I am on the Hwy, I will put my feet on the rear pegs. This help with the heat burning your legs.

i went to my tuner. he also sells aftermarkrt items. there i picked up the heat shields. cut them to fit the inside of the fairings real nice. it made all the difference. hope that helps.

has anyone tried hi temp exhaust wrap with success? my 08 puts out significantly more heat on the right side than my 05 ever did.

On another thread someone said that if you put on a pair of yoshi slip ons the heat issue will disappear.

How does that work? Does it work?! I thought, like you guys, that heat is coming out from the fairing, not the exhaust. ???

Any idea?

The more HP, the more heat, I'm just too grateful to complain .... I'm sitting on a brand new 09' busa ..... :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

On another thread someone said that if you put on a pair of yoshi slip ons the heat issue will disappear.

How does that work? Does it work?! I thought, like you guys, that heat is coming out from the fairing, not the exhaust. ???

Any idea?

um NO!!

didnt ride with the stock pipes on there BUT its plenty hot with the yoshis it came with!!

exhaust wrap? have a new pack waiting for a purpose may try it
heat shield? i like it

All the big bikes have the same issue. Kawi, Honda or Yamaha. :poke:

My 03 Honda CBR1100XX always runs hot and could cook you when you were sitting in traffic or after riding it hard. One time sitting in Daytona Bike Week traffic the heat cooked the battery and over heated. I ended up running to the Walmart right there in Daytona and got a new one and some premixed Antifreeze.

A friend with a Kawai 1400 and he is always talking about it getting killer hot.

old thread but if you wrap the first 12" off each headpipe with thermotec or other exhaust wrap, a lot of that heat goes away... kind of bad when it is really cold out.. :)

Back