Heard some great safety advice from a cruiser rider....

I went to the Rockies baseball game tonight, on the way came upon a wreck. It had just happened, the cops just got there. A guy on a sport bike, it was so mangled I couldn’t tell what kind , he was dead laying in the street they covered him as we past. It shook up the wife, she has never seen someone tore up and dead like that. She didn’t say it but I knew she was thinking about me.

I went to the Rockies baseball game tonight, on the way came upon a wreck. It had just happened, the cops just got there. A guy on a sport bike, it was so mangled I couldn’t tell what kind , he was dead laying in the street they covered him as we past. It shook up the wife, she has never seen someone tore up and dead like that. She didn’t say it but I knew she was thinking about me.
Yes that's a sobering sight for sure. Makes one rethink things.

On occasion you will see them push hard with the knee, pop the bike back up enough to get traction and be on their way.

Most would be suprised at how some bike crashes can be saved.
As mentioned above, I think too many just can't ride to start with. And once they lose control(not that they really had any to start with), they just ride out the crash. As opposed to fighting to regain control, or do anything to try and improve the outcome.

Back