HealTechs new X-Tre

High-Gain Busa

Registered
Nice, but worth $130.00 is questionable. HealTech Electronics Ltd. - Makers of the GIpro/ATRE and SpeedoHealer

I can see the do it your selfer doing this and other small forum busisness men but does Healtech really want to open themselves to the liabilities of removing the 6th gear speed limit?

Maybe I missed the "For off road use only" the DOT generally requires.

X-tre.jpg

well there really is no legislation against this device.. it is removing a "self imposed" limit on the bikes and as long as it does not violate EPA standards... you should be good to go I bet..

Yea but you know it takes only one accident and 1 ambulance chasing attorney to bring a company to its knees.

Guilty until proven innocent is how our justice system seems to work here.

If SmithBusa's production version of the 20 cent RPM eliminator wasn't working so well i would probably try one.

Last edited:
Unfortunately Healtech will have to prove the opposite, that's what's wrong with our justice. Healtech allows it to go past 185... they now have to prove it wasn't.

Brings me back to a case I was on with GM.

Driver hits a bridge rail with his new GM Silverado and crashes. Sustains critical injuries but lives to sue GM. Claims the door jamb was defective allowing him to be thrown from the vehicle which is how the majority of the injuries were sustained.

GM wins proving he flew through the windshield, the only area open after the crash. The guy had numerous glass fragments imbedded in him. Tens of thousands were spent definding his claim. Also proven but not nearly as helpful in proving the case as the glass fragments, he was speeding in excess of 100mph, was not wearing his seat belt and was legally drunk.

Like I said, it takes 1 ambulance chasing attorney saying: I can win this case for you... TRUST ME.

Last edited:
Do you think that the use of one of these has any effect on the bikes reliability? I know that the more electronics you have the more likely somethings going to fail. How do you feel about this?

I'll stick with Smithabusa derestriction mod. For 25.00 thank you.:thumbsup::cheerleader::cheerleader:

FWIW, someone's got the X-TRE for $100. Saw it mentioned somewhere on the 'Net.

Mine just got delivered this afternoon. Hopefully, I'll get it installed tonight. :thumbsup:

Do you think that the use of one of these has any effect on the bikes reliability? I know that the more electronics you have the more likely somethings going to fail. How do you feel about this?

My grandpa said the same thing when TVs started coming with remote controls.:lol:

Yes there is, Here.......That would be Pashnit, he's a site vendor on here now, and is running a sale till the end of the month X-TRE 100.00 :cheerleader:(get-em while they last) Check his section out in the site sponsors area, VERY COOL DUDE :beerchug:

Mine just got delivered this afternoon. Hopefully, I'll get it installed tonight. :thumbsup:

Pashnit is where I first saw it.... looking forward to some good reviews.

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
Back