Healtech Quick Shifter?

"not streeetable?" lol... I use mine on the street, never had an issue... itll work. and I think its been years since arch was on a road course... but ure right... if the bike is gonna remain stock internals and never any power adder... quickshifter would be a nice addition.... but arch has stated this is his "statement bike"..... and hes spending money on it now... and I think at some point its gonna get some motor work or a turbo... and I think arch knows it too..... he aint sellin it.
I know he ain't selling it , the Hayabusa is a keeper to all her have fallen in love with it . His will be kick ass streeter !!

An airshifter setup allows me to shift the bike without getting my feet on the pegs, which I can't do fast enough to make the 1-2 shift if I'm leaving hard. Primarily intended for drag racing yes, but still streetable.
I like that idea , I also cannot get my feet up quick on my bike no more . When I do rare drag from the lights , I put my right foot on and take off with the left foot to be lifted up , and a lot of the time I twist up bad . This is now an addition I want for next setup Gen 2 , if still streetable to some degree .

I like that idea , I also cannot get my feet up quick on my bike no more . When I do rare drag from the lights , I put my right foot on and take off with the left foot to be lifted up , and a lot of the time I twist up bad . This is now an addition I want for next setup Gen 2 , if still streetable to some degree .
For your purposes, the horizontal ram that Frank has would be perfect. Set up the horn button on a 3 position toggle Horn/off/shift, run a small tank under the tail, either CO2 or an onboard compressor, and any quickshifter can be shifted off a button. No need for a separate kill box, it would still function as intended (foot operated) when you wanted it to, and the ram moving the shifter would also activate the kill.

no...….....……… I don't..... I like using the clutch(gen2multi) in traffic... it functions just like a stock clutch..... but my mail goal is to get away from traffic... its very congested till late at night.... and arch hasn't answered the question...… I think he needs to decide if he wants it be be wild or mild...……… but he could use the bike just like a stocker till he wants to use the shifter....

First, this isn't a statement bike. It's a back road blaster, meant to be ridden hard and put away wet. I said that in my goals. And I've answered this question already a thousand times. I don't need more power. I don't want more power. I love the stock motor and plan to be running at it's next 10 year anniversary. A quick shifter not only allows you to reduce the time needed to shift it also helps to smooth out the bike, especially with the downshifting ability. Going fast anywhere on any type of track is always improved with smooth operation.

A QS is as useful on the street as it is on a track. Get used to one and it quickly becomes a need rather than a toy.

For your purposes, the horizontal ram that Frank has would be perfect. Set up the horn button on a 3 position toggle Horn/off/shift, run a small tank under the tail, either CO2 or an onboard compressor, and any quickshifter can be shifted off a button. No need for a separate kill box, it would still function as intended (foot operated) when you wanted it to, and the ram moving the shifter would also activate the kill.
Sound like just the ticket Mr.Brown , thank you for your help with this bro . I will be talking to Frank about this sometime in my future build .

I know u do... but im extremely hesitant... extremely hesitant to put this stuff on video... they lock people outta my job(unpaid) while they "investigate" things.
It wasn't you ....number plate fell off , what do ya know ..... a trusted pilot chase bike , we got a good man for the job , just a roll on would be good , no speedo filmed , just tacho !! Any of that maybe do able .

My friends are thinking of buying a Quick Shifter.
Which are the best? Sorry if there is any post already
That's sort of what we are discussing buddy. Looks like right now we are at the purpose makes the difference. Road racing, drag racing or general street. Looks like the Healtech might be the ticket for street riding, cheap and simple. But may not be enough for street/stripe racing.

HI Do not worry it will be very streetable. and reliable . the only thing it will not be is cheep.

I’m waiting to grab a Power Commander quick shifter from Frank. I already have the PCV, so I’m gonna stay with that line.
I was told you need the module to control the other 4 injectors? With the extra module and the QS unit it starts to get pretty expensive for what it is. It is Dynojet and they are pretty solid, but seems like it could be done easier.

Back