Healtech Quick Shifter?

personally I would not use one for an everyday street bike. From my limited research they are hard on transmissions. I tend to be a use the clutch all the time type. so take this with. grain of salt. Also in the past I have been a high miler per year type. This may change as I age. That said if you plan to race, even occasionally, it is probably better for west and tear than s blow shift.

ali123

Registered
no.. not in 2019 u don't need one.. but at 180 hp and looking 5 years down the road.........…… maybe? unless the communists..... i mean liberals take control... then it wont matter.... everything will be electric, and shift itself..... or u could go full old school with an air shifter..........

fallenarch

THE SLOW RIDER
Registered
I have done research also and I don't really feel a QS wears transmissions that much. It's probably better than most people clutching skills. Of course getting the delay right is essential. My BMW has QS and Carrie's a 8 year extended warranty.

Ali no who ever used a QS said you don't need one!

In my post hear I was really asking about the Healtech specifically. It cheaper than Road's suggestion and appears to be a bit simpler install and setup. Just wondering if its penny wise and pound foolish.

1busa

Registered
In comparison to the price of other goodies purchased for your Busa this is an expensive purchase.

“Let her rip tater chip” :race::beerchug:

Worst case scenario you don’t like it and it winds up on eBay or a fellow org member takes it off your hands. Low risk High reward purchase IMO

fallenarch

THE SLOW RIDER
Registered
trying to get everything under the skins done so when I put the fairings on they aren't going on and off. To be honest I'm so used to cutchless shifts on the Beemer I find myself yanking at the Busa lever.

I have done research also and I don't really feel a QS wears transmissions that much. It's probably better than most people clutching skills. Of course getting the delay right is essential. My BMW has QS and Carrie's a 8 year extended warranty.

Ali no who ever used a QS said you don't need one!

In my post hear I was really asking about the Healtech specifically. It cheaper than Road's suggestion and appears to be a bit simpler install and setup. Just wondering if its penny wise and pound foolish.
dennis would be the best person to ask.... I think anyway, hes always at the track and im sure hes tried out some of these setups... but im sure hes an air shifter guy too........

Quick shifter is for road racing , air shifter is for drag racing . An air shifter is not streetable , the quick shifter is streetable .
"not streeetable?" lol... I use mine on the street, never had an issue... itll work. and I think its been years since arch was on a road course... but ure right... if the bike is gonna remain stock internals and never any power adder... quickshifter would be a nice addition.... but arch has stated this is his "statement bike"..... and hes spending money on it now... and I think at some point its gonna get some motor work or a turbo... and I think arch knows it too..... he aint sellin it.

So explain , so I can know , do you use your air shifter to go up the gears , no clutch in traffic .....???
no...….....……… I don't..... I like using the clutch(gen2multi) in traffic... it functions just like a stock clutch..... but my mail goal is to get away from traffic... its very congested till late at night.... and arch hasn't answered the question...… I think he needs to decide if he wants it be be wild or mild...……… but he could use the bike just like a stocker till he wants to use the shifter....

no...….....……… I don't..... I like using the clutch in traffic... but my mail goal is to get away from traffic... its very congested till late at night.... PH has a custom airshifter setup(horizontal) for aftermarket rear sets.....
Well , hahahaha , I learn something everyday.... The quick shifter is kill engine only , you got to use your foot to shift , and can use the clutch anytime if you want . Can be used to drag race also , just gets through the gears quicker than clutch change , but not up to the air shift drag race potential .