Headlights don't work

busaben

Registered
Isn't there a way to turn off your headlights, something like thumbing starter button while bike is running to turn off headlights? I got my bike back from shop and neither high-beam or low-beam works. I'll check for loose connectors but just wanted to know in-case shop turned it off and forgot to enable. Thanks in advance.

Hey Busaben,
if your running a power commander III double check the wire harness. Sometimes they come lose and bling there goes your lights. Also, check your kill switch (on/off) if this goes bad no lights. I can check my service manual when I get home, but off the top of my head I don't remember any factory features that do this. Most of the time its something really simple. So start with the basics and go from there.

Thanks ks. The front turn signals don't work either. sounds like the shop just didn't hook everything back up. I'll pull my plastic off tomorrow and make sure everything's hooked up on the front-end. Just paid $2900 to get my bike repaired in a laydown and add some Yoshimura slip-ons and you would think they could get my head-lights and turn-signals hooked up.

Thanks ks.  The front turn signals don't work either.  sounds like the shop just didn't hook everything back up.  I'll pull my plastic off tomorrow and make sure everything's hooked up on the front-end.  Just paid $2900 to get my bike repaired in a laydown and add some Yoshimura slip-ons and you would think they could get my head-lights and turn-signals hooked up.
Hey Ben glad to hear that you got the bike fixxed. How do you like the sounds of those Yosh?

Thanks ks.  The front turn signals don't work either.  sounds like the shop just didn't hook everything back up.  I'll pull my plastic off tomorrow and make sure everything's hooked up on the front-end.  Just paid $2900 to get my bike repaired in a laydown and add some Yoshimura slip-ons and you would think they could get my head-lights and turn-signals hooked up.
I can't believe you would consider looking at it. I would have a made a U-turn for the dealer. Hey, fix my SH*T NOW! I hate dealers!

discreet007, normally I would have taken it right back. However, I had just picked it up at closing time, and it was already getting dark. By the time I got back to the shop it would have been absolute darkness with no headlight and the shop would have been closed. If I can't fix it by just plugging something in you better believe I'm gonna make them fix it.

jwcfbd, the yosh slip-ons look great. They're the stainless RS3 ovals. I think they sound better than stock but I was only on the bike for 10 minutes last night so I didn't really get an opportunity to let it fly and see how they sound.

I've got Titanium RS3 race cans on mine. You are going to love the sound.

Yes, it was easy fix. There is a plug for headlight and turnsignals under top-inner-left fairing piece with the fusebox. About 5 minutes to get that piece off and about a second to click plug back together. Quicker than driving back to dealership.

Yes, it was easy fix.  There is a plug for headlight and turnsignals under top-inner-left fairing piece with the fusebox.  About 5 minutes to get that piece off and about a second to click plug back together.  Quicker than driving back to dealership.
beerchug.gif

Congrats on fixing it Ben it took you a total of about 15 min. Just think if you would have taken it back to the dealership it would have probably taken them 2 hours... I agree with 007 I hate dealing with the dealerships if I don't have too!!!
crazy.gif
cussing.gif
AAAssjani.gif

Back