Headlight upgrade

ZeePopo

Registered
Anyone done these LED conversion kits? I found a H7 led conversion but not a H9 conversion for the second bulb? I almost ran into a wall of cows, and I do mean a wall of cows. 20 big girls and their calves were all over the road. They were similar color to the color output of the stock lights. Barely saw them. I need a hell of a lot more light, thought LED would be a good choice. They run cool and draw very little power. This is for a 2018.

Were you eyes closed briefly or in mid turn? Trying to wrap my head around almost hitting a herd of cows.

So for auxiliary lighting I see a wide range of prices. I thought I try a Chinese brand and find a bracket that I can attach it to. How are you guys attaching your aux lighting?

I use the front fork factory reflectors long post if you still have them . . I had done lower side fairings , but in extreme lean angle rubbed a light through the body .

DSC_4391.JPG

DSC_4392.JPG

DSC_4393.JPG

DSC_4394.JPG

DSC_4395.JPG

DSC_4396.JPG

I have an LED low beam as well. Considering going back to factory halogen.
I just got my LED High and Low. The low beam is quite disappointing. Don't think Ill keep it. The high is amazing. I need to adjust it though. It's lighting up the trees. Before the change I had almost 10k Lumens at 10 feet. Now I got 8k Lumens, but light output on the sides tripled which is good for me cuz animals are the biggest threat here running from the side of the road on to traffic. Once I bring in the high beam lower I should see higher lumens overall. Still sucks the low beam LED has such low output. I also havnet figured out how to attach the retaining clip. High beam went right in, low beam is quite a bother.

I am running 55w low and 65w high HID lights. I can not remember the brand off the top of my head. If interested, I can look them up. I know the newer models from the same manufacturer has the ballast and igniter all in one. They are far superior to the stock halogens. I have been running them for about 10 years with no problems. That being said, I would love to have more light. There can never be enough light around here with all of the deer. I am looking at putting some on the forks.

Back