Headlight not getting switched on - 2014 Second Gen Hayabusa

adarshkdagur

Registered
The headlight of My Busa (2014 model), is not getting switched on, while starting, when the starter switch is pressed, the light gets on momentarily but then it doesn't gets switched on, both the lights are not getting switched on. Any suggestions/solution to the problem.

The headlight of My Busa (2014 model), is not getting switched on, while starting, when the starter switch is pressed, the light gets on momentarily but then it doesn't gets switched on, both the lights are not getting switched on. Any suggestions/solution to the problem.
I’m not sure I’m following. Are you saying that Once you start the bike/engine is running the headlight is off?

Welcome as I note this is your first post.

Are the headlights stock?

Sounds like a relay....from the videos I've seen coming out of India, many times I've seen bikes being ridden on questionable roads where there's lots of dust or mud...some of that could have worked it's way into your power block under the upper left panel beside your instrument cluster.

After two days of facing problem, I started the bike and the same thing happened, the lights flashed while starting but did not switched on while the engine was running, i pressed the starter button 2-3 times the lights got switched on and after that the lights are getting in normally (getting switched on with key turned on and on while the engine is started and further on). Mysteriously the problem has vanished the it came !!!

Welcome as I note this is your first post.

Are the headlights stock?

Sounds like a relay....from the videos I've seen coming out of India, many times I've seen bikes being ridden on questionable roads where there's lots of dust or mud...some of that could have worked it's way into your power block under the upper left panel beside your instrument cluster.
The headlamps are LED aftermarket

I’m not sure I’m following. Are you saying that Once you start the bike/engine is running the headlight is off?
Yes they are off while the engine is running, both the headlamps just flashed whiled pressing the starter button and remain switched off as the engine runs.

After two days of facing problem, I started the bike and the same thing happened, the lights flashed while starting but did not switched on while the engine was running, i pressed the starter button 2-3 times the lights got switched on and after that the lights are getting in normally (getting switched on with key turned on and on while the engine is started and further on). Mysteriously the problem has vanished the it came !!!
So, they are working now?

If the problem is a dirty, corroded or loose electrical connection, the symptoms may manifest more randomly or when the connection is heated up. These symptoms will likely occur again.

Can't comment on all markets, but many markets for the 'busa have the lights set:

This is only for Gen2 as I haven't seen a Gen1 in person

The starter button has 2 circuits in it.
one is a n/o circuit for the starter circuit
the other is a n/c for the lights. - it breaks the circuit to the lights when the starter is pushed in.

When the starter button is at rest, the circuit is closed, enabling the lights to be on. I can only assume it's to limit the draw from the battery during the starter engagement.

I would suggest the best option would be to start tracing some wires and if possible, go back to stock globes as a baseline. If they work, you have issues with your leds.

Also, if you are feeling confident, grab some electrical contact cleaner in a can, disassemble the RH switchblock and give the starter button a bit of a squirt and clean.

1645408807079.png
:thumbsup:

The headlamps are LED aftermarket
If this is the case, that could be the reason. I did a dual projector retrofit on mine and changed the order of the steps used to fire up the bike. I now:
1-hold the start button
2- turn the key
3- pull the clutch lever
4- bike starts and then I release the button.

Doing it this way prevents the headlight from being on while engine cranks and ballasts are happy since they don’t get any power until I release the start button after engine starts.

If this is the case, that could be the reason. I did a dual projector retrofit on mine and changed the order of the steps used to fire up the bike. I now:
1-hold the start button
2- turn the key
3- pull the clutch lever
4- bike starts and then I release the button.

Doing it this way prevents the headlight from being on while engine cranks and ballasts are happy since they don’t get any power until I release the start button after engine starts.
But won't there be a problem as the fuel pump will not get adequately primed?

Back