Headlight help please?

Bigfisch

Registered
OK, Im having an headlamp issue here. I have two different (types) bulbs in my headlamp assembly. My low beam is a HB3 and the high beam is ?????
It is not an H7. Please help me out? I have the entire bike apart right now and will be putting it back together tomorrow. I would like to buy replacement bulbs for them both (brighter, but not HID) before I put her back together.

Thank all in advance!

I lined up the connectors for the new bulbs that I bought (H7) and the stock bulbs connections are wider (H7 bulb in my hand). There are no markings on the bulb that is in the assembly. The bulb in the assembly is 11/16" wide (connections) and the H7 bulb is 15/32"

Sorry I have the bulbs mixed up. Thanks for the correction Mike.

PC140002.jpg

Last edited:
If that's an H7 it should go right in, I put in aftermarket xenon bulbs, fit just fine. Pic is a bit fuzzy, but you didn't pull part off with the removal of the old bulb did you? On second glance, it definitely looks like you're missing part of the assembly.

here is a pick of the complete assembly. I only removed the direct connections (with the wires attached) nothing extra.

busa headlamps 007.jpg

Thanks all for the help. I figured out the problem. The H7 bulb plugs into and adapter. I took a closer look and pried out the old bulb and got the new one in.

Back