headlight help needed

busaziggy

Registered
Does anyone know which way the headlight adjuster needs to be turned - clockwise or counterclockwise in order to raise the beam?

I am about to do this and want to remove as few body pieces as possible to achieve the adjustment. ( 2008 model )

Thanks for the help.

Cheers,

Ziggy

If you're arms are skinny enough.....

Look under nose inside where forks are. There is a line of push pins on leading bottom edge. Four I think.
Push them in and pull them out. Then that black cowling piece that goes around shocks and clips into nose can be removed. Once you get that one piece out you should be able to adjust headlight. Not sure which way is which but with bike facing wall at night you will quickly be able to tell if you're going the right way.

If I remember correctly clockwise is up and counter clockwise is down. But that is on a Gen 1. Gen 2 may be different. The best thing to do is put it in a wheel chock and then take out the body cowl cover, reach up under the nose like Blanca said.

Just put the lights on the garage wall and adjust. Mark a baseline point with tape. Be careful the nuts are nylon and will strip out.

Back