Headlight bulbs ?

C_Henry

Registered
Anyone running 60w bulbs in stead of tha 55w stk ones ? I wanna make sure i dont burn anything up . Thanks !

C_Henry,
HID is the way to go. A less expensive mod, than HID, that is an upgrade from stock is to put Sylvania Silver Stars in the bike. Same power ratings but a whiter light.

I personally wouldn't run anything higher wattage than stock simply because motorcycle wiring harness aren't typically all that tuff.

Don

Get the silver stars you will be very happy . Unless you can get the HID.

ran silverstar...burned out in 2 months now back to stock

(frisbee @ Sep. 06 2006,21:04) Get the silver stars you will be very happy . Unless you can get the HID.
yup..night and day difference too! No pun intended.

Wal Mart has the best prices. Forgot the numbers but someone will jump in here for you.

wink.gif

I have had the silverstars now for 3-4 months and so far so good. They are much brighter. Once they go I will upgrade to HID. Seems like that is the ultimate and ALOT of guys have them and love them. I would gotten in the group buy they just had but I want to wait until these burn out first.

I'm now heading into my 3rd year on the same Sylvania SilverStar White Light halogens. Prior to installing them, I dreaded riding at night and always made every effort to arrive home just prior to sundown.

After installing the SilverStar White light halogens (and adjusting the beams somewhat higher), I no longer worry about night time riding. They made a HUGE difference and were well worth their cost.

Most Hayabusas arrive with their low beams directed excessively low, which is useless for anything other than looking for your keys at 20 feet away.

The SilverStar White Lights I use are stock wattage, so there's no charging system or electrical issues to fear, and there are no legal issues to fear as they are stock wattage. The SilverStar White Light's are brighter than the Cool Blue's.
wink.gif

just threw in a new silverstar today the first one lasted about 6 months but at only $20 bones a pop i can live with that it for sure makes riding at night less stressful...lots of dear around here simple 10 min. job to replace

I failed to mention that I also installed SilverStar White Light halogens in my 01 GSXR1000 just a couple weeks after I installed them in my Hayabusa. So they're also heading into their 3rd season of use.

Any filament type bulb is susceptible to premature failure but I'm not finding these SilverStars prone to early failure with as many years and thousands of miles as I've already gotten from them.

Your bulb's connector should be making a tight fit to the halogen's terminals and the contacts should be clean. Likewise, the halogen's glass should never be handled with your fingers, as the oil from your fingers will cause excessive heating of the halogen which can result in premature failure. I always clean the halogen's glass with alcohol and a clean cloth prior to installing them just in case some idiot at the plant where they were packaged had previously handled the halogen by its glass.

Naturally, severe highway bumps, hard wheelie landings, poor physical connection or dirty electrical connection of the halogen's terminals will contribute to the halogen's premature demise as well.

I had one burn out last night... But I love them and the $20 for it is well worth the price.

You guys wouldn't bitch about $20 for a three minute lap dance, but you complain about getting 2-3 months of great lighting?

Yeah... I see the point! LOL!!

(Tango1300 @ Oct. 02 2006,19:02) I had one burn out last night... But I love them and the $20 for it is well worth the price.

You guys wouldn't bitch about $20 for a three minute lap dance, but you complain about getting 2-3 months of great lighting?

Yeah...  I see the point!  LOL!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

lap dance..too funny...

super.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Try the Osram H7's with H9 burners. 2100 lumens at 65W. Standard H7's are 1400 lumens at 55W. You can get them at RallyLights.

CP64217
H7 Bulb, 12V, 65W, H9 Burner, 2100 Lumens by Osram, each
$23.15
RallyLights

(Tango1300 @ Oct. 02 2006,21:02) I had one burn out last night... But I love them and the $20 for it is well worth the price.

Yeah...  I see the point!  LOL!!
hmm.. you got me with that one.
laugh.gif

Yep I have Silver Stars in the low and high beams ,I can tell you I like them alot.they are 65w not 55-or 60 , no problems so far .

Back