Headlight bulbs

karnage

Registered
I was wanting to know if getting the bulbs that look like HID work ok in these bikes.I dont want to over heat the wiring.I want to go HID but figured just to get some brighter lights up front they make some nice bulbs with the higher intensity gas inside plus the blue light would set off my blue busa.I will go HID later when i find a nice kit.

For what you would pay for a good set of regular bulbs, you could add a few dollars to it and get a set of HID's. From what I have seen, you ccan get a good HID set up for like 35 bucks.

Yeah I have seen the $35 HID kits and gotta watch what you buy out there.The cheaper ones burn out fast from what I have been told.

If you don't mind the wait, DDMTuning has a good kit. Blanca Busa has a good write up on them and they look good. There are a few other good ones out there for around that price, but the names escape me right now. Hopefully others will chim in and can get you the names of the good kits for a good price.

Save your money til you can get the HID. I had the bulb first, as I thought it was gonna be just as good... I was wrong. There is NO COMPARING THE TWO! The HID's win hands down.

My HID lowbeam has saved me from having to take evasive maneuvers no less than 2 times. I'm convinced of this, no HID and 2 cars woulda pulled out in front of me. (I know this may seem silly, but any "encounter" with a cage avoided is worth talking about.)

One thing to remember if you ride in groups the ppl in front of you are going to hate you having hid's, they are blinding to the person in front of you it bounces off of their mirrors and into their shield horribly. I ride in groups more than by myself usually 6-30 ppl and the guys behind me who have hid's drive me nuts.... just my two cents

Get HIDs dont waste time on bulbs.Dont think there are any bulbs that can beat HIDs.
But get those made in Germany.Mine lasted me for more than 4 years now.
I am referring to the ballast and bulb.
Dont get those made in Taiwan,as there are negative feedback on those.

I put those bulbs in my old katana and it burned up the hi/low switch in about 6 months leaving me with no lights at all.

I have a Gen 1 and installed part#22426 from Dennis Kirk. 100 watt H7 low beam. Gives out plenty of light for $12.99. Have run this bulb for 6 years with no problems. :thumbsup:

Back