Headlight Adjustment

gsx13r

Registered
a while ago, i was riding home from the races (drag strip) and i could not see more than 25 feet in front of me. it was night....and i had to use the high beams to even have a chance of seeing. does anyone know if there is a way to adjust the headlight. i can't believe the 'busa is the only bike in the world without a headight adjustment. thanks for any info....

According to the owner's manual, there is an adjuster in there somewhere but I'll be damned if I could find it. Mine's just a hair low - I can live with it, but I'd like the low beam slightly higher.

Ed

From what I've heard, if you remove the four pop rivet thingies under the nose, and remove that piece of plastic, access is supposed to be fairly straight forward from there.

I just reached down between the handlbars with a 10mm nut driver and adjusted mine. It is a tight fit, but I was able to do it. Afterward, I would just turn on the the ignition to see how far it went out in front of me. Top right is a bolt, turn it for up and down, and bottom left, is for right to left. Mine seems to work ok for now, but it still does not show out there as far as I would like it to on low beam.

ohoh... i fugured ea bolt was for raising or lowering the hi and lo seperately.... bet ive got a left to right prob now

That's because there are separate left and right adjustments for each bulb too.

Adjusting the headlights on the Busa is extremely easy and your owners manual shows you how.

I had the same problem. It is difficult / tight fit to get your wrench on this adjustment but I turned mine a full turn clockwise and raised it. Made a big difference. No one is flashing their lights at me so I don't think it's too high. The adjusters are like shown in the book.

Back