Headlamp Upgrade 2008 Busa

Santiago

Registered
Hi over in the UK, want to improve the front light, very little known about this subject here, Dealers say dont do it as many bulbs and HID replacements can burn or turn the headlight brown in one spot.
They do say however that you need one with a really good reflector kit to spread the focus of light. Was going to just upgrade bulbs to Philips Xtrerme but was warned against that too.

Whats your long term experience of swapping the OEM bulbs out?

Thanks
D

I can tell you how to open the headlight, that's the most worrysome part, tho it's super easy and nothing to be worried about.

All you really need to know is the basics.. If you use Morimoto MH1's or generic H1 projectors, it'll fit right in. Basically the only thing you have to do is trim the shroud to fit flush. The bottom projector is fairly easy, but time consuming having to remove the metal inside it. Well worth it in the end IMO though, I love having dual low and dual high beams!

So I buy the MH1's retro kit and trim shroud to fit flush. Video makes it look easy if it works the same way for a bike. Even though the bottom lights is a projector you still replace it with a new one?

You don't have to, but I did replace mine. It's worth the extra work to get the OEM shell cleaned out and put a MH1 in there.

As far as the top projector, it slides right in in lieu of the stock bulb. Only thing you'd have to do is trim the top of the shroud to not interfere with the lens.

Back