headlamp and nose removal?

Remove mirrors, etc. , etc.

If you're small you might be able to go from under the nose without removing it. I had to remove my nose. Be careful, there's a couple small plastic parts that are welded to the inside of the nose. I broke one off putting the nose back on. Easy fix with epoxy.

I prefer to take the side fairing off as well. You need to remove the lower cowl piece under the nose, there are a few plastic rivit that need to be removed (just push the center in and the whole bodie of the rivit can be removed). Removed the mirrors, each have two 8mm screws under the rubber boot. Remove the plastic inner pieces that go around the guages, remove the windscreen. Remove the screws that secure the nose to the side fairings. When you go to pull it off, you will need to spread the plastic a little around the mirror area (fairing stay). You will also need to unplug the wiring harness on the clutch side as well.

If I remember correctly, that should be it. If not someone else will post up and add what i forgot.

It's pretty easy, but it's also pretty easy to break a tab when putting it back together (don't ask how i know).

Also, just download the manual there should be some instructions there as well..

Enjoy have fun and be careful.

I didn't remove my windscreen, but sounds pretty good otherwise :laugh:

I think I out did ya on the breaking thingy :whistle:

Need help!!! I'm trying to replace the head light on my 2009 gen ii and it's impossible to take the damn nose off. I've taken both side fairings off as well as the bottom of the nose and all the screws i could see and still the thing feels like it's bolted...do i need to take the gauges off too?

Please help...:bowdown:

if you bought hid ballast and bulbs you dont need to take the nose off on a gen 1 you can get at it if you remove the gauge cluster, taker windscreen off then plastics around gauge cluster, two 10 mm bolts hold cluster on, undo bolts and unplug cluster. you can see everything from there. mount ballast to air tube away from cluster. it s pretty straight forward. pm if need anything.

Need help!!! I'm trying to replace the head light on my 2009 gen ii and it's impossible to take the damn nose off. I've taken both side fairings off as well as the bottom of the nose and all the screws i could see and still the thing feels like it's bolted...do i need to take the gauges off too?

Please help...:bowdown:

Yeah bro need to take the aguges off too theres some screws behind there meng

the thing is that I need to replace a broken head light (the whole thing). I know I sound stupid, but I'm not too savvy about these type of things...I'll try to take the speed/tach off and see if that works... Thanks a lot guys... God Bless. :thumbsup:

Carmelo you DON'T have to take Gauges off to get nose off!
Stop!
Wait a few hours for me to get home and I'll email you a PDF file with pics on how to take nose off. Very easy but detailed. I'll be home around 6 eastern.
Just relax a bit if you can and I can help.
What I need from you is an email address to send it to.
Post it here or send it to me via Pm.

From there and once off you will see very easily how to replace the headlight.
Just don't turn any of the nuts too tight as they screw onto or into plastic and its easy to strip or break them.

Carmelo you DON'T have to take Gauges off to get nose off!
Stop!
Wait a few hours for me to get home and I'll email you a PDF file with pics on how to take nose off. Very easy but detailed. I'll be home around 6 eastern.
Just relax a bit if you can and I can help.

i should get royalty from that :whistle::laugh:

"THIS IS COURTESY OF Djxtrodinaire"
:welcome:

Attachments

• Suzuki Hayabusa Gen 2 Upper Fairing Removal.pdf
    3.7 MB · Views: 569
Couple pictures that might help and understand why the upper cowl and lower fairing are hard to separate :laugh:

there are 4 tabs that holds them together.

You need to separate them.

mcgsx1340rfairing000.jpg

mcgsx1340rfairing001.jpg

mcgsx1340rfairing006.jpg

Back