Heading to Schnitz Racing tomorrow

Jacobs

OEM Parts/Accessory guy
Donating Member
Registered
Last year, our dyno tuner left Honda East so until we get someone trained or hire someone in, we're left just hosting Dyno Days when it gets warm. I decided to try my luck with Schnitz Racing and had some buddies interested in going to so I'm taking 3 bikes out there with me..... all Suzuki's of course :laugh:

I know dyno's are tuning devices and the number's don't hold much value other than the bike is tuned and running to it's full potential with the mods done to it. I also know that our house Dynojet is pretty consistent but is also known to read lower than any other local dyno's. Here's to good numbers and some decent expectations from Ryan and Schnitz Racing

2008 Hayabusa
Yoshimura R77 single-sided full system
BMC Race filter
Bazzaz Z-Fi
+3 rear sprocket
Stretched 4in

2007 GSXR-600
Akrapovic shorty slip-on
BMC Race filter
Power Commander III
-1 front sprocket
+2 rear sprocket

2009 GSXR-1000
Taylor-Made Slip-on
BMC Race Filter
Bazzaz Z-Fi
Stock gearing

I am anxious to see what kind of numbers your bike puts down. What kind of price do they charge for your dyno tune?

I am anxious to see what kind of numbers your bike puts down. What kind of price do they charge for your dyno tune?

Ryan charges $250 flate rate for Power Commander and Bazzaz. I believe ECU tuning was the same, but you'd have to give them a call to verify that.

After an early morning, plenty of driving and listening to 3 bikes running through the RPM's for several hours, I'm finally home to post up how my Saturday at Schnitz Racing went....

First and foremost, Ryan Schnitz is not only a stand up guy who happens to be very down to earth, but also an awesome dyno tuner. I know for fact that he tuned atleast 5 different bikes today and possibly a few more, but not once did he act rushed or impatient. He went the extra mile on my bike and flashed the ECU for a few goodies at no extra charge and helped with throw on quick mod with the GSXR-1000

On to the numbers....

2008 Hayabusa
Yoshimura R77 single-sided full system
BMC Race filter
Bazzaz Z-Fi
+3 rear sprocket
Stretched 4in
184whp 108 ft tq

2007 GSXR-600
Akrapovic shorty slip-on
BMC Race filter
Power Commander III
-1 front sprocket
+2 rear sprocket
107whp

2009 GSXR-1000
Taylor-Made Slip-on
BMC Race Filter
Bazzaz Z-Fi
Stock gearing
164whp

I delivered the GSXR-600 to the owner so he could ride when he got off work and after he got home, he text me "WOW". He said it feels like a whole new bike and couldn't be happier. I'm pretty impressed with the 107whp it made with so little done to it.

The GSXR-1000 owner was there with us and he couldn't of been happier with the outcome and how smooth the tune was.

I wasn't sure what to expect out of my bike knowing that I could have probably gone with a Tiforce for more power and maybe used a Boost by Smith ECU harness instead of Bazzaz. I also couldn't be happier with the results.

I only have a base number for my bike and it was on a different dyno so it wouldn't matter

Congrats on getting her tuned up. I know there was a noticeable difference in power and smoothness in throttle response when I had mine done. It is worth it in my opinion. :beerchug:
Posted via Mobile Device

IMG_20110319_114154.jpg

IMG_20110319_115139.jpg

IMG_20110319_120824.jpg

IMG_20110319_121041.jpg

IMG_20110319_131453.jpg

IMG_20110319_152416.jpg

Awesome! Looks like pretty good numbers for your setup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ryan did my last bike, and it made 217 with a 45 shot.

I spent more money on the ECU flashing method vs my buddy that had a powercommander map done. He spent an extra hour and a half on mine, though.

Well worth every penny!

Ryan is a great guy all around. :thumbsup:

You should get a bunch of bikes ready for tune and just have Ryan come to your place next time.

Ryan is an awsome guy My bike makes 175hp and about 105tq with 2 tunes on it now. waiting for him to call me today as im getting ready to go back for a nitrous tune:bowdown:

Back