Heading to Denver for the weekend!

E Zurcher

Registered
Will be riding to Denver (Evergreen) Colorado on Friday for the weekend. Time for some Rocky Mountain rides for sure.

Sweet. Ride safe. The only thing that could be better on the trip...an NFL game at Mile High. :thumbsup:

You'll just have to "make do" with the fantastic rides and scenery. Heard all about it from member Revlis.

RSD.

Nice what route are you taking to come up? I would try to cut over to alamosa up hwy 17 to 285 and ride that all the way in. It would beat I25 the whole way unless your looking to get here the fastest way possible.

Nice what route are you taking to come up? I would try to cut over to alamosa up hwy 17 to 285 and ride that all the way in. It would beat I25 the whole way unless your looking to get here the fastest way possible.

That's the plan except we are going to take Hwy 14 up the back side of the Sandias to start. Not a fan of the flat slab unless absolutely necessary.

When you get to the 285/24 split bu Buena Vista and head east watch for unmarked cops usually in Durangos/SUVs through Fairplay.

North out of Taos to Ft. Garland has great sight distance. great place to really fly down the road. :thumbs:

2013-06-13_14-02-09_365.jpg

That should be an awesome ride for sure ..have fun and be safe ..I love the Colorado mountains ...beautiful just beautiful ..great roads ...oh and watch out for very large animals that like to cross the street :laugh:

It was an awesome trip. Over 1000 miles over the weekend. If I ever win the lottery, I'm moving to Silverthorne. Coming West on I70 the view was magnificent and flying down I70 was fun also. Stayed at by buddy's mom's house in Kittridge, visited South Park City, Breckenridge, and took some amazing day rides through the mountains. We hit some rain every day but we were equipped for it and it wasn't a problem. Skirted the storms on the way back and even saw a funnel cloud off in the didtance. I have to say the Busa is an amazing machine and a pleasure to take on long trips. Didn't take many photos because we were too busy riding.

Back