Heading for OR

That run used to draw a little crowd. Just the 4 of U this time?

Post up a pic of Tufbusa...I could use a good laugh.:laugh:

Bad Rubb.:spank:Bad.

RSD.

Riding some of the most awesome roads in Oregon..is NO fun in the rain grrrr...400 miles yesterday with a majority raining pretty hard thank goodness for frog togs.

20 minutes into our ride we came across a crash scene..BMW K1200 vs deer..both lost..rider DOA on scene..certainly weighed on my mind all day.

Had some of our own drama too..the sweep in one of the other groups got disconnected and took a turnoff..so at the end of the twistiest wet downhill 40 mile road we took all day he came up missing.. His girlfriend freaking out..riders going back to look over the sides for him..no cell svc... I ended up calling 911 to get the sheriff out to start looking...10 mins later he pulls up took a turnoff he shouldnt have. Two hour delay in pouring rain to get everyone collected and back bfore dark so no dinner last night. Raiin air today for ride back into civilization..

Dang man, hard to find any fun at all in a day like that. Be safe.

Riding some of the most awesome roads in Oregon..is NO fun in the rain grrrr...400 miles yesterday with a majority raining pretty hard thank goodness for frog togs.

20 minutes into our ride we came across a crash scene..BMW K1200 vs deer..both lost..rider DOA on scene..certainly weighed on my mind all day.

Had some of our own drama too..the sweep in one of the other groups got disconnected and took a turnoff..so at the end of the twistiest wet downhill 40 mile road we took all day he came up missing.. His girlfriend freaking out..riders going back to look over the sides for him..no cell svc... I ended up calling 911 to get the sheriff out to start looking...10 mins later he pulls up took a turnoff he shouldnt have. Two hour delay in pouring rain to get everyone collected and back bfore dark so no dinner last night. Raiin air today for ride back into civilization..

Great breakfast at the Ranch

image-2376834445.jpg

But we needed it, it PORED all the way back to mjn's

Are we having fun yet? Heck NO

image-617202902.jpg

image-2376834445.jpg

image-617202902.jpg

Got a whole bunch of gopro vid/stills of some great roads- just not so great when pouring rain grrr

Finally back to civilization...LONG ride in rained entire 200 miles. COLD and WET. Riding the twisties is NO fun in blinding rainstorm and 48 degrees (yes i have video)

Dinner at mjn's house

image-3669086753.jpg

Yes Virginia, there IS a hotdog in there somewhere yommy!

image-3522179886.jpg

Me and Tuf riding back over mtns to his house tomorrow with more rain in forecast; Teresa accepted offer to trailer back and stay dry...

image-3522179886.jpg

image-3669086753.jpg

Man that just sucks...I see someone keeps their new tire stickers too.

Kick back, sit out a session, and just enjoy the rain.

Now back to Yakima, and a famous Miner's burger...no freaking way...

image-3555914010.jpg

But I'm about to try anyway..

image-1703498518.jpg

Looks like rain again back over the mountain..thank goodness for Chunky Charlie gear (Team Gixxer likes that name better than frog togs..)

image-3555914010.jpg

image-1703498518.jpg

Well, back to civilization - we lived! Long rainy ride back. Tuf is reunited with the tufpoodle and all is right in the world.

image-2467855721.jpg

Total miles...

image-1293984329.jpg

On way to SEATAC now for long flight home. Will be glad to see my family and sleep in my own bed tonight. Back to the work grind tomorrow.

Thank you VERY much mjn again for allowing me to come along, and the same to Tuf who has graciously shared his home and his bikes (i broke the curse btw) with me, your friendship and generosity is amazing and I'm very fortunate to have such a good friend. Teresa you are a sweetheart as always. Hope to share some roads with you all again someday.

P.S. check out this anthill outside tufs house...unbelievable.. Gave me the ebgbies...

image-198042008.jpg

image-3640994006.jpg

image-2467855721.jpg

image-1293984329.jpg

image-198042008.jpg

image-3640994006.jpg

Is Tuf keeping those things as pets.:laugh:

I would have already played "Veitnam" with the little bastids...NAPALM.:devil:

RSD.

He says he wants to see how big it gets..I told him he'd better deal w it before they carry his dog off; that crazy dog jumped out of car at airport coulda got run over.

Well, back home safe and sound. The best pic I didn't get on my trip was one of my daughter running flat out into my arms at the airport...was epic....Home safe and sound. I have now OFFICALLY broken my OREGON CURSE (no damage to ME or anyone elses PROPERTY :thumbsup: ) Now back to work and paying heavily for the week off. Have a bunch of vid and pics from my gopro (mostly rain riding) to go thru.

P.S.:

/Rant on..Can someone please explain to me why those passengers who obviously aren't up to the task continuously sit in the emergency exit rows?? Was your personal comfort or being first out worth the lives of the rest of the flight? For goodness sakes, leave those seats for someone who has a fighting chance of actually OPENING the door.. /rant off

Well, back home safe and sound. The best pic I didn't get on my trip was one of my daughter running flat out into my arms at the airport...was epic....Home safe and sound. I have now OFFICALLY broken my OREGON CURSE (no damage to ME or anyone elses PROPERTY :thumbsup: ) Now back to work and paying heavily for the week off. Have a bunch of vid and pics from my gopro (mostly rain riding) to go thru.

P.S.:

/Rant on..Can someone please explain to me why those passengers who obviously aren't up to the task continuously sit in the emergency exit rows?? Was your personal comfort or being first out worth the lives of the rest of the flight? For goodness sakes, leave those seats for someone who has a fighting chance of actually OPENING the door.. /rant off

Thats the seat my old boss used to get put in...he didn't fit anywhere else. 60 INCH WAIST. :rofl: Not only could he not help get the door open,if he did manage to get out of his chair un-aided...he would have plugged the hole and killed everyone.:laugh:

My personal favourite on a plane. Grandma gets up first with her walker,then 300 people have to shuffle along a 5 steps per minute to leave. Once in the tunnel,everyone gets to wisk by her. Can't she stay planted for 2 minutes,then she can take all day if desired.

Nothing against grannie and her walker,but some folks have connecting flights to catch. I personally have had to run to catch the odd one.

Glad yer back alive,

RSD.

That run used to draw a little crowd. Just the 4 of U this time?

Post up a pic of Tufbusa...I could use a good laugh.:laugh:

Bad Rubb.:spank:Bad.

RSD.

Hey Andy! Long time no talk to! Good to see you're still hangin' around the Org!

There was 17 of us this year total.

It was great to ride with you again brother. I'm just peeved that the weather didn't cooperate..

First time in over 10 years putting on this ride that we've had crappy weather. Oh well... I guess those aren't bad odds. What is really frustrating is a mere week later and we've got triple digit heat! I'd have MUCH rather dealt with the heat than the freakin' rain.

I'll try and snipe some of the other pics from pnw and post 'em over here.

Here are a few more shots of our wet weekend...

Tufbusa checking out some extra parts at Bill's (Speedgeek) crash site.

IMGP0430_zps08bd95b6.jpg

Saturday was basically dry..

image-3_zps14e31ee4.jpg

Great shot of Scootergirl, Tufbusa and Keith in the backround. On the back deck at the Ranch.

IMGP0414_zps47b44ab1.jpg

had to throw this in.... I'm wearin my favorite shirt!

IMGP0412_zpse1bccd79.jpg

A group of us out Sunday morning. From the left; Skydiver, Stagerulz, Dr E

June262013104smaller_zps26783cd6.jpg

Fuel stop in Dayville, Or on Sunday;

June262013091smaller_zps91111443.jpg

Lunch stop Sunday in Post, Oregon;

June262013115smaller_zps1d975b1f.jpg

Oh boy.... startin to sprinkle. Stagerulz on the left, me on the right.

June262013112smaller_zpsf1b1bf74.jpg

While we eat lunch & gas up... the clouds start to get blacker...

bc6c34f1-1347-4ce4-be4b-505f02b4412f_zps544cad8a.jpg

Leaving Post, Or Sunday afternoon.... in the rain. We're about 130 miles from the Ranch, and it rained the entire way back.
That young lady on the SV650 did an amazing job... outgunned by every other bike, she did an admirable job of hanging with the group. Scootergirl (right behind) never has any issues keeping up.

P1010778_zps2ba2b421.jpg

Back