Header is crushed a bit on the bottom. Power loss possible?

Bjamick

Registered
I bought this bike a 2 weeks ago and after looking at the header it looks to definitely scraped some things. I could post a pic if needed but was just wondering if you guys have noticed power loss from this? The bike seems to run out fine, but haven't gotten it dynoed or anything.

Guess just starting a discussion.

Most I have seen are that way, I wouldnt worry too much. Never bothered my 05.

I caught a speed bump and mashed one of my tubes,Brock said if it's flattened less than/no more than 1/2" it's ok(mine's right at the 1/2" mark and I haven't noticed any power loss).

I will echo what jeff said. Driveway got me on right side tube. Less than a 1/2". Thats brocks guidance but havent seen the dyno effects for myself. If it interupts air flow you can bet it will effect power. Probably an insignificant amount with a small ding. Now if your flattened out i would have it replaced

I will echo what jeff said. Driveway got me on right side tube. Less than a 1/2". Thats brocks guidance but havent seen the dyno effects for myself. If it interupts air flow you can bet it will effect power. Probably an insignificant amount with a small ding. Now if your flattened out i would have it replaced

That's where it got mine,right side tube.:laugh:Didn't seem to hurt mine that I'm aware of since bike did so well on the dyno.

Back