Head Gasket

psdiesel911

Registered
I heard the cometic head gasket is no good because a shop owner i talked to said he used to use them but they slid around. He said that the stock head gasket is the best way to go... Any thoughts on this?

I heard the cometic head gasket is no good because a shop owner i talked to said he used to use them but they slid around. He said that the stock head gasket is the best way to go... Any thoughts on this?

Some like the stock gasket some like the cometic. Cometic is a good company. I used there gasket on my turbo bike. I would say it's more important to have truley clean and flat matting surfaces.

Slid around?! I'd question the advice of that shop owner...simply because there are two alignment pins on the cylinders/head that the gasket will fit over. The gasket is not going anywhere. Cometic makes good stuff...that's what I have on my bike...

Slid around?! I'd question the advice of that shop owner...simply because there are two alignment pins on the cylinders/head that the gasket will fit over. The gasket is not going anywhere. Cometic makes good stuff...that's what I have on my bike...

Sound advice

:thumbsup:

what you do you have to replace the head gasket?

Complete engine tear down. I posted a thread a while ago titled "cam chain tensioner" where we thought the noise was the cam chain and couldnt figure out why it was over heating and we pulled the head check the valves, replaced the tensioner with a manual one and all that good stuff but it didnt fix anything so we tore the whole motor apart and found out the rod bearings were shot and that in turn torched the connecting rods... we have the new rods and we are about to order all the bearings. surprisingly the crank is all good we put it on a lathe and polished the journals up and its perfect. The noise was the number 1 rod clattering and the 3 and 4 were WAY too tight so after this i am expecting a lot more power :thumbsup:

slid around?! I'd question the advice of that shop owner...simply because there are two alignment pins on the cylinders/head that the gasket will fit over. The gasket is not going anywhere. Cometic makes good stuff...that's what i have on my bike...
+5 :beerchug:

Yeah that makes a lot of sense haha :beerchug:

ahhh...see im not a knuckle buster wrench head... but im glad to see you getting it done

Complete engine tear down. I posted a thread a while ago titled "cam chain tensioner" where we thought the noise was the cam chain and couldnt figure out why it was over heating and we pulled the head check the valves, replaced the tensioner with a manual one and all that good stuff but it didnt fix anything so we tore the whole motor apart and found out the rod bearings were shot and that in turn torched the connecting rods... we have the new rods and we are about to order all the bearings. surprisingly the crank is all good we put it on a lathe and polished the journals up and its perfect. The noise was the number 1 rod clattering and the 3 and 4 were WAY too tight so after this i am expecting a lot more power :thumbsup:

When you polished the crank how did the journals mic up ?

Back