HD DVD takes yet another shot

Justyntym

The Pessimistic Optimist
Donating Member
Registered
USA Today on Blu-Ray

Article in USA today...basically netflicks and bestbuy have sided with blu-ray.

I like the quote..."Toshiba's strategy to win customers with low price players is a hail mary pass...it's a format that is not going to be supported much longer."

Buh-Bye HD...I'll be glad when the format scirmish is settled, it's a little irritating when buying a movie and finding it in only one or the other format.

Toshibas strategy to get rid of the hardware before it is completely worthless?

lurk.gif

wait. I thought the pron industry was gonna SAVE HDDVD? What happened to that? I guess they couldn't FLESH that out. Guess they were shown the rear exit. I guess it ended up being the wrong TOOL for the job. I guess they pumped all their money into other ventures. I guess size did matter. I guess they were just shooting blanks. I guess... ah who am I kidding I've run out of euphemisms

Heard about it today. Microsoft is trying to do their part by lowering the price of the HD-DVD player add-on to the X-Box360. It dropped from something like $170 to $130. I'm not sure if those are the correct figures but I'm pretty sure I'm close.

Disney
Blockbuster Video
Target
Netflix ...

I don't think Geezus himself could save HD-DVD at this point.

wait. I thought the pron industry was gonna SAVE HDDVD? What happened to that? I guess they couldn't FLESH that out. Guess they were shown the rear exit. I guess it ended up being the wrong TOOL for the job. I guess they pumped all their money into other ventures. I guess size did matter. I guess they were just shooting blanks. I guess... ah who am I kidding I've run out of euphemisms
ices_rofl.gif
Dood... You rock...
super.gif

USA Today on Blu-Ray

Article in USA today...basically netflicks and bestbuy have sided with blu-ray.

I like the quote..."Toshiba's strategy to win customers with low price players is a hail mary pass...it's a format that is not going to be supported much longer."

Buh-Bye HD...I'll be glad when the format scirmish is settled, it's a little irritating when buying a movie and finding it in only one or the other format.
Totally, Will be really good to be able to purchase with some semblance of confidence. I don't like Sony because of a lot of their proprietary BS, but it did seem as though Blue-ray was a slightly more robust medium. Hopefully this will put an end to it... I think Disney was probably the death knell.

I bought a blu ray player.. i love it.. Kudo's to Sony, but i do love my toshiba tv's.. they work great!!!... I'll be happy when i can get every movie in the blu ray format rather than just select few... Btw blu ray up convert's everything to a really nice quality even better than my "upconvert" DVD player.. So.. it's worth The coin IMO>...

wait.  I thought the pron industry was gonna SAVE HDDVD?  What happened to that?  I guess they couldn't FLESH that out.  Guess they were shown the rear exit.  I guess it ended up being the wrong TOOL for the job.  I guess they pumped all their money into other ventures.   I guess size did matter.   I guess they were just shooting blanks.  I guess... ah who am I kidding I've run out of euphemisms
ices_rofl.gif
  Dood...  You rock...  
super.gif
now you know that there are still some guys that have those big old "laser" disks right?

I am just happy that this is coming to a mericiful end finally (so I can get my new toy)

Some kid at bestbuy tried to sell the Mrs a HD DVD last year when we got the Plasma but I said no... prices were still outrageous until blue ray won the war... kid about had a heart attack... I am ready for the playa
smile.gif

Hey, I still have a bunch of those big ol laser disks. they were freaking awesome until DVDs finally hit. I guess I should sell those on ebay to the weirdo collector set

Back