Hazard Switch Wires - What are the colors?

This is in addition to hazard switch question I posted above.
I'm actually planning to install Signal Dynamics Penta-Star XP (Self canceling turn signal and tail brake mod).
The unit comes with built-in flasher thus I would need to disable or bypass the stock turn signal relay or it will result in weird flashing pattern. I was thinking of breaking pins F and G of the relay and install a jumper between the 2 but hate doing so if I need it back. Perhaps cutting the wires would be better? Anyone can advise what's the best way to do this?

I was hoping someone here has this installed before.
I will be using the stock turn switch but adding a pair of return springs so that it acts as a momentary switch.
I will be using stock hazard switch to activate mode 4 (hazard lights - activated by pressing left and right at the same time - to do this I plan to connect both left and right with inline diode) but I don't know what color of the wires for this hazard switch.

green, light blue, and black

green runs from the hazard switch to the turn signal switch and right turn signal

light blue run from the hazard switch to the fuse box and turn signal switch

black to from hazard switch to the turn signal switch / left turn signal

Thanks for the info.
Just finished wiring up the module (Penta-Star).
I bypassed stock turn relay by cutting the wires.
Both turn signals and braking are working as expected.

However, I have 2 problems to solve - hope someone can point me to the right direction:
1. Hazard switch is not working properly. When switched on, both front signal turned on without blinking and both rear are off...
2. Turning indicator on the speedometer only turns on upon switching the signal and the off i.e. not blinking with the signal light.

I should not have started this project when knowing tomorrow is going to be a beautiful day for a ride....????????????

H E L P . . .

Solved problem # 1 after playing around with the wiring.

Anyone can advise which are the wires connected directly to the speedometer turn indicators?

The question should be where are these 2 leads (light green and black) on the side panel near the fuse box without taking out the front fairing or speedometer. Getting close but still need help.

borrowed from "clymer"

wiring.jpg

I need to get me one myself.
Any idea which terminal block comes out directly from the speedometer wiring? I'm trying to tap directly to the turn signal indicators without opening the front fairing. The yellow housing terminal is not it?

...sorry not sure which one it is....hopefully someone with more wiring practice will chime is.

Thanks BlueHaya. You have been very helpful.
I'll just put everything back for now until someone chimes in.
It's not biggy but definitely need a fix as I would not know if the turn signals are on or off.
Going for a ride shortly.
Enjoy your weekend!:thumbsup:

Yes, yellow terminal block is where the wires connecting to the speedometer indicators. Problem is when I tapped it parallel to the signal lights (green and black) the indicators work but they only flash halfway ( 3 sec instead of 7 by default) and stopped. This indicates some fault. The module allows you to hold the switch for 2 sec to select 20 sec flashing but when you hold ( before letting go) the light also stays on. Pulling my hair over this now.
Posted via Mobile Device

Another option I'm exploring is installing a separate left and right LED signal indicators. Any ideas where I can buy this and how to wire them up?

Back