Hayden Leaving Ducati

05 Busa LE

Donating Member
Registered
Saw that Nicky Hayden announced he's leaving Ducati and MotoGP at the end of the season (looks like Ducati opted not to renew: http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2013/Hayden+to+leave+Ducati+Team+at+end+of+year). Amazing, because Nicky basically gave his career to that company, and the only blame lies with Ducati's failure to give him a competitive bike. Anyway, it's time--especially when he sees that Rossi is still competitive on a different bike. Nicky said there's no sense riding around to pick up a few points. So, I think World Superbike will be a great place for him to land, as he mentioned. He's got a World Championship under his belt, and represented the U.S. well. Go Nicky!

It'll be interesting to see. Anyway, Ducati just fell to the bottom for me after that move. Guess its business, but maybe it's time they left MotoGP instead of embarrassing themselves with another season where the Japanese will simply grind them into the dirt.

They need someone like Stoner to manage/develop their bikes or else they should shut shop and keep on building cafe racers.???

I love all three of the Hayden boys. I have long thought Roger was the best rider of the bunch. I hope Nicky finds a competitive ride where ever he lands. All three of the Hayden boys are exceptional!

I love all three of the Hayden boys. I have long thought Roger was the best rider of the bunch. I hope Nicky finds a competitive ride where ever he lands. All three of the Hayden boys are exceptional!

What an incredibly talented family--all of them. They raised the level of motorcycle competition, and it all started with their father, Earl. I enjoy watching all three, and will continue to root for them wherever they go. Gotta buy some stuff to support Nicky. http://www.haydenbrosgeneralstore.com/index.html

They need someone like Stoner to manage/develop their bikes or else they should shut shop and keep on building cafe racers.???

Excellent idea to bring Stoner back to manage and consult. Otherwise, just build poser bikes. I hate that I hate Ducati now, so maybe I need to wait and hear more of what Nicky has to say after the season is over. But, I still don't like Honda and Pedrosa after Honda told Nicky they were developing the next bike for Pedrosa--right after Nicky won the MotoGP World Championship!

SPOILER (Laguna Seca MotoGP)
Way to go, Nicky--put Dovi right where he belongs ... behind you, in ninth place! Even after Dovi's pathetic pass where he could barely hold onto his bike. Earl and Rose can be proud of that performance--despite the fact that it was on a dog of a bike!

image-1158457926.jpg

Looks like Honda grabbed Stoner. My guess is, even if Ducati wanted him, there were too many words between Stoner and Rossi when he was at the team about his inability to ride the bike. Here's Speed's story on Stoner's return to test at Honda:
http://bit.ly/16VbepP

Back