Haybusa from Canada

gaw

Registered
Has anyone ever purchased a Busa from Canada, specifically from Rev. Limit Motor Sports.
I am looking to purchase a limited edition all black bike. These were not offered in the States. The above company is selling them and shipping to the states.
I live in California, so it must meet Cal. emissions.
I have e-mailed them about this, but not gotten a response as of yet.
I figure if it has to do with Busa's it has been tried or completed by someone on this board.
smile.gif

Thanks.........Gary

The all black limited edition was offered for 2002. You may still be able to find one around here but might have to do some looking and haggling. Go to local dealerships and find out if they can still get a hold of one for you

Welcome to the board gaw.
The all black was available in the US in 02 like Vincent said.
I'm pretty sure a couple guys on the board have picked up new 02's in the last month or so.....probably gettin harder to find though.

Has anyone ever purchased a Busa from Canada, specifically from Rev. Limit Motor Sports.
I am looking to purchase a limited edition all black bike. These were not offered in the States. The above company is selling them and shipping to the states.
I live in California, so it must meet Cal. emissions.
I have e-mailed them about this, but not gotten a response as of yet.
I figure if it has to do with Busa's it has been tried or completed by someone on this board.
smile.gif

Thanks.........Gary
Welcome, Be sure to check your facts before you make bogus blanket statements...When I read that the all Black SE's were not available in the states I had to run back out to my garage and make sure that there was still a bike there.

I picked mine up about three months ago. I just went to the local dealer and asked them to find me one. They looked at me kinda funny at first but after they checked into a little bit and discovered that sucha thing existed it only took them about a month to find one in the crate and get it shipped to Tampa.

There should stil be a few out there. As for 03's I would be real tenative buying a Euro spec Busa (OK Canada Spec) besides the KPH speedo, I had a dealer here tell me flat out that they wouldn't honor any warranty items. Something sticky in there about DOT regs or something. I would talk to my dealer first and find out if they see any problems... If not go For it.

My many apologies
sad.gif
to rev. I omitted the year, 2003. I was told that the 2003 was not available in the USA. Yes/NO?
But thanks to you, because I talked with two dealers who did not know about the all black model. Now I know to push them a bit more to find one.
Thanks to all for the help. Look forward to a long relationship on this board.

Well as most of you know I bought a Canadian spec 2002 and now have it registered in California. I purchased the bike while I was in Japan. The European bikes cannot be brought into the U.S. without the help of an importer. The Canadian spec busa meets all U.S. standards. You can check this by going to the National Highway Safety Transportation website. Its a gov't website. This will explain all the regs.

The only stipulations were metric gauges and a possible headlight change. I checked my bike and the headlight had a D.O.T. stamp on it, thats good.
As far as the gauges, I bought a Yellow Box from www.blackrobotics.com (100 bucks). That converts KPH to MPH and the mod took 35 minutes only because I sodered and heat shrunk all the wires. I bought aftermarket gauges (125 beans) and another 35 minutes or so.

But when I registered the bike here in california they didn't even check. I pulled up with proof of insurance and all my paperwork. They verified vin numbers on the frame and the back side of the crank(check your owners manual for the exact location, its tricky and the person doing it thanked that I knew where it was). I went inside and it took less than an hour. I was exempt from the fees because I'm military. You may want to go to the California DMV website for the exact amounts and procedures.

It can be done, good luck. I have most of it wired. So don't be afraid to email me. I did alot of research before I bought.
biggrin.gif

Back