Haya's in the Hills 2020!!!! May 10th-May17th 2020

just going through pics and posting one from each year...good times!!

me and my daughter at the dragon last year
59369306_10211081632955541_1289539367706034176_n.jpg

dear josh :) (and to all who might be concerned)

bib big sorry that I repeat myself again, (but i feel to have to - old men like me allways repeat ;-) )

did you already change the chassis´ geometry by :
- front 15 mm down
- rear 30 mm up? (forget in this 1st step the wide handlebar) ?

not yet changed?
try !
by first riding a well known curvy road half an hour with your standard chassis and doing then the change and riding same road again.
the entire change needs about 1.5 - 2 hours
plus about 30 bucks for the shortened swingarm´s rods
plus 15 mm distances for steering plate
plus 4 allen bolts and their new nuts

I am absolutely sure that you will bei heavily surprised how handy and easy steering you feel your busa (all models ´99 - ´18) !

if you now got pretty hot for more handiness and agility add the superbike bridge including 760mm wide handlebar (+ lonnger brake hose) to your bike and you will think you had an other bike. (a bit expensive - here in germany about 400 €)

then, so to say as the dot on the i, add a radial brake pump and a radial clutch pump of a e.g. ducati 998.

if then so little power is required (for steering, brake and clutch),
one is ready to drive a deathifying (17 in 6 years) route like e.g. the dragon´s tail with the lowest (least) possible body power effort.

why that all?
the less body power you need to ride the more you can concentrate to road what increases the general scurity a lot.
other way around:
the more dangerous a route is, the less you are allowed to be distracted by the force that is required.

promised - with all the changes above, the broad grin (up to your ears) will never leave your face - that easy the busa will be driven.
(and if not, then I no longer understand the world )

i am going to start coordinating with gsxrhp on planned rides and activities (weather permitted) for each day to give some resemblance of a schedule. note. we do not run HITH's as an event...nor is it to make money...it is a venue in which to meet friends and have fun.. i am NOT profiting from any of these i put together. so i am not like other "events" you have seen here..

ok so we spoke to the manager of the motel yesterday. he has not put any of the cabins, or individual rooms up for making reservations yet but will be publicly in next week or so. he is also extending that if you call and reserve the week, you only pay 6 days not 7. so there is some savings for us!! reservations are simply card on file, no pre pay in advance leaving you alot of flexibility on decision making. so if you are planning to attend, i would be calling and making your reservations and let us know so i can start updating an attendee list.

I will potentially be in the area 12-16th of May and might try and meet up. Already going to the gap with a group of friends that week.

Also, I have a buddy starting up a BBQ business by the tail of the dragon. Legit Texas BBQ man moving from Texas to the area. I can vouch for his cooking so trust me, when he gets up and going around March / April, I'll give you guys the info so u can hit his place up. Totally worth the stop.

ok i spoke to the manager today at the Phillips Motel. he recommends calling ASAP as he is leaving for vacation, and he has yet to publicly open up the availability of the whole hotel. this means that except for us, nobody has rented any of the cabins or the rooms. so you must call the motel directly...do not use any booking site. here is the link again to the motel. http://phillipsmotelonline.com/ and number is (828) 479-3370

ok here is the confirmed list of those going
chrisjp and wife
jwest and son
dragonazz and man toy
dadofthree
another org member and his girlfriend..just not sure his id at the moment ill correct once i get it
Giz (i dont think he has an org name)

chrisjp and wife
gixerhp and jen
jwest and son
dragonazz and man toy
dadofthree
Turbobusa0704 and amber

chrisjp and wife
gixerhp and jen
jwest and son
dragonazz and man toy
dadofthree
Turbobusa0704 and amber
Darciedog1 and JustKatie

ok now we starting to get more interested... some are starting to ask if can share cabins.. this is what i suggest. You dont have to pay upfront.. reserve a cabin and put feelers out on who might want to share with you and divide the costs!!.. most of the cabins are 3 bedrooms and that means cheaper when divided by 3... even cheaper if you get couples and divide by 6!! post in this thread if you are renting a cabin, or looking to share expense's and lets fill the motel up and the more the merrier!!..

chrisjp and wife
gixerhp and jen
jwest and son
dragonazz and man toy
dadofthree
Turbobusa0704 and amber
Darciedog1 and JustKatie
El Stumpo

if you all are not on the facebook event ... gixerhp posted this yesterday:
Im Starting to plan some ride for Newbies, to the Dragon,
Bridle Falls
Cherohola to Dragon Loop
Suches Mountain in Georgia
Wheels Thru Time, Maggie Valley

chrisjp and wife
gixerhp and jen
jwest and son
dragonazz and man toy
dadofthree
Turbobusa0704 and amber
Darciedog1 and JustKatie
El Stumpo
Nastee and wife.

(gxrhp) Hello everyone,,, we all need to start posting, about things that we all will bring. Such as supplies for our dinners and such. We are going to need the following.
Paper Plates
Plastic utensils
Paper towels
Propane, for gas grill
items such as these, we can all bring for this event, so we are not going to the stores everyday.
So with that said,, please add something to your packing list to bring with..
Im Bringing 2 Webber Kettles and charcoal for cooking as well as my big pot burner
2 large coolers
Table and a few chairs

Back