Hayabusas & Trailers

slainte_laddie

Registered
Does anybody know if a Hayabusa will fit on a 6ft trailer bed? I'm looking into getting a trailer and wondering if that will do.
blush.gif

58.5" plus the space from the front of the tire to the tire centerline (front wheel)

With the gate down for sure it will fit!!

I have a 6ft bed and put My bike in all the time!!..make sure You have a wheel chock bolted to a piece of wood at the veary least and some good tie-downs front and rear..

old truck pic but new truck has 6ft bed also!!

eddyspics298.jpg

It'll fit, just. You shouldn't have to angle it but the back tire will be right on the end of the trailer floor.
Use a Canyon Dancer (type) strap system and tie it down good, if your trailer has 4.80 x 8s it'll bounce a lot.

I have a 6ft bed and put My bike in all the time!!..make sure You have a wheel chock bolted to a piece of wood at the veary least and some good tie-downs front and rear..

eddyspics298.jpg
Hauled a Harley Ultra Classic in an S10 like yours once. Had to angle it a little but got it to fit, truck sure rode smooth with the behemoth in the back.
laugh.gif

eddyspics298.jpg
That's a funny lookin busa in your truck.
rock.gif

-Chris

I had a 5 x 8 ramp trailer from Lowes and my bike fit on that with a little room to spare once the ramp was u8p and locked. So like these guys said above, it will probably fit but the back tire will be either on the edge or you might have to angle it on the trailer.

Wont fit into a 6' pickup without being angled or the gate will need to be down. My bike with a 6" stretch will fit onto a 5x8 trailer with no problems.

Dodge Dakota 6 1/2 foot bed Bus fits with tail gate up no problems..
bowdown.gif

it will fit a 6' trailer (unless it has a tail gate) the bike is 58.5" ..

I think what your tailgate is not taking into account is the 10 or so inches of tire in front and in back of the contact patch (tires are round?)

OVER-ALL length is the number that keeps the tailgate open. On an open flat bike trailer, you do not have the "back" half of this overhang to deal with but it is going to be awful close as you can see by the 6' truck bed on the rear tire.

Daytona!

That pick is off the hook man, gave everyone in the office a good laugh!

I dont even want to know what happened on that day!

Back