Hayabusa working on 2 cylinders!

After reading this, I thought I might chime in.
I have the same symptoms as you but of course same symptoms doesn't mean same fault.
1. Swap 3 & 4 plugs to 1&2, same for coils, same for injectors, elimination is free this way, if it's running on 2 it's probably not going to be a sensor because the sensors control all 4 cylinders, it might be worth checking throttle body synchronisation, in extreme cases an unbalanced engine will throw up odd problems.
As said before, do a compression test before pulling an engine apart.
I can't believe a qualified mechanic would reuse the old head gasket (was the head skimmed?), I hope your water overflowing is an airlock and not a blown head gasket because of shoddy workmanship.
Anyway, I've done all this on my bike and still no joy.
My thoughts now are the fuel pump, 3&4 are nearest to the pump outlet, if pump pressure is low or a failed fuel pump regulator, it could starve 1&2 or give reduced fuel pressure, so I'd suggest you look into a fuel pump, if all your elimination tests check out ok.
I know that busas are very susceptible to plug problems (they dont respond to being cleaned) and also that whenever a modern bike head is removed it should be skimmed and new head gasket should be used.
I'm a mechanic of 29 years btw but we all get stumpted sometimes and need help, I hope you get to the bottom of your problem and post how you solved it and I'll post when I get to the bottom of mine.
Dave.

Well, Dave, he posted this 6+ years ago. I hope he got it fixed!:type:
marty-somehow-we-where-brought-back-to-this-old-thread.jpg

(I take no responsibility for misspellings in internet memes used in this thread)

D
hey guys need your people help!
from last two weeks i m havin trouble with my busa.Its a 2004 model and its left sides two cylinders are not working at all ....my bike is running on 2 cylinders..i ve checked fuel pump ...replaced spark plugs....cleaned injectors ,throttle body ...interchanged ma coil abv plugs n ijjectors of non-working cylinders with working cylinders ...but still problem is not solved ....please help me guys with ur suggestions ...thnks.

from last two weeks i m havin trouble with my busa.Its a 2004 model and its left sides two cylinders are not working at all ....my bike is running on 2 cylinders..i ve checked fuel pump ...replaced spark plugs....cleaned injectors ,throttle body ...interchanged ma coil abv plugs n ijjectors of non-working cylinders with working cylinders ...but still problem is not solved ....please help me guys with ur suggestions ...thnks..!

from last two weeks i m havin trouble with my busa.Its a 2004 model and its left sides two cylinders are not working at all ....my bike is running on 2 cylinders..i ve checked fuel pump ...replaced spark plugs....cleaned injectors ,throttle body ...interchanged ma coil abv plugs n ijjectors of non-working cylinders with working cylinders ...but still problem is not solved ....please help me guys with ur suggestions ...thnks..!
Did u solve your problem because am getting the same thing number 1 and 2 are not firing and I have check the coils to see if there are firing check for gas change plus and still

Did u solve your problem because am getting the same thing number 1 and 2 are not firing and I have check the coils to see if there are firing check for gas change plus and still
Well the post is from 2009 ………….

@Dan'o welcome to the site.

That's some kind of crazy Yamaha in your profile picture!

You have a Hayabusa? Start a new thread. Go here, and on the right select "Post Thread" and start your own thread. Include the year and the history of ownership and maintenance of your bike.

Go here and introduce yourself and tell us about your bike history:

Back