Hayabusa working on 2 cylinders!

viwo_54

Registered
hey guys need your people help!
from last two weeks i m havin trouble with my busa.Its a 2004 model and its left sides two cylinders are not working at all ....my bike is running on 2 cylinders..i ve checked fuel pump ...replaced spark plugs....cleaned injectors ,throttle body ...interchanged ma coil abv plugs n ijjectors of non-working cylinders with working cylinders ...but still problem is not solved ....please help me guys with ur suggestions ...thnks..!

how do you know it's only running on 2? and before the smartass answer, how do you know it's not running on 1, or 3?

Put a compession gage on each cyl and crank
what kind of numbers are you getting

Need to start at the beginning,
pull each plug one at a time and see if it firing; yes?, ok fuel?
check to see if fuel is getting to each cyclinder one at a time, yes?
compression? check with a gauge, or just put your thumb over the sp hole, compression,
ok?

oh yea.. :welcome::welcome:

takes spark, fuel and compression to make a motor run.. should always start with basics first.. tearing stuff apart and fixing it without can cause more trouble..

You can go from 1 issue to 2 without even realizing it..

I generally spin a motor over and listen to it.. Many can hear a low cylinder (or multiple) instantly.. from there I usually shoot a bit of carb clean down the intake and see if it tickles the motor.. (In your case you would give a shot down each velocity stack and see if it picks up the cylinder momentarily..)

if the motor "sounds" physically ok and the carb clean does not do anything, it would be time to check spark.. if that appears ok? time to get bit more physical and do a compression check..

when it is two adjoining cylinders? I would be a bit more worried..

Last edited:
hey guys need your people help!
from last two weeks i m havin trouble with my busa.Its a 2004 model and its left sides two cylinders are not working at all ....my bike is running on 2 cylinders..i ve checked fuel pump ...replaced spark plugs....cleaned injectors ,throttle body ...interchanged ma coil abv plugs n ijjectors of non-working cylinders with working cylinders ...but still problem is not solved ....please help me guys with ur suggestions ...thnks..!
Check spark, check compression, check fuel psi..check oil pan for extra parts...

Last edited:
You've got some great advise so far these folks are a hayabusa walking encyclopedias. But I think to get the answer you are needing they will need a bit more info. :welcome:

Pull the plugs and look at them. The plugs will tell you most of what you need to know.

Replacing parts without knowing the problem is just throwing money into a hole. You might get lucky and solve it. You might not, as you have just found out.

Look at the plugs to see which ones are wet, burnt or have a melted electrode.
A wet plug indicates fuel and no spark. A burnt (ashy) plug is not getting enough fuel.
Identify the working and non-working cylinders. Write them down if needed to keep track.
If any of the plugs have a dry tip, but the surrounding edges are wet you may not have enough compression. If two cylinders that are beside each other both have low compression you probably need a new head gasket. If anti-freeze is getting into the cylinders you will need a new head gasket and have the head assembly checked for cracks.

No spark would be an electrical issue. I could be something as minor as a loose wire at the ECU plug, or a bad coil. If a plug is fowled you will need to clean or replace it, depending on the condition.

Yes and be careful. Touching the working ones will be painful. Pulling the plugs is the best way to find out the cause. The cold header would only be a symptom.

Quit your whining and complaining! Go ride with the Harley guys, they have a chance now. Technically your running a 670cc Twin! Hmm......the Harley guys will even like your two cylinder sound too....:laugh:

Quit your whining and complaining! Go ride with the Harley guys, they have a chance now. Technically your running a 670cc Twin! Hmm......the Harley guys will even like your two cylinder sound too....:laugh:
you just aint right:rofl:

but seriously i hope there is no extra stuff in your oil pan...could have broke the crank

Back