Hayabusa vs ZX12 shootout (FACT not Fiction)

OB_KawAbuser

Registered
Well I have been away at the 2000 Daytona event a Suzuki Official (nameless) told me to my face that a US magazine has finally run a shootout Hayabusa vs ZX12.

Results:

SUZUKI BABY ALL THE WAY, 1/4 mile and top end honors are Suzukis.

NinjaKnight it gives me a special feeling to let you know the Facts - JACK

The results will be read in next months magazine.

My guess is that you are talking about the Cycleworld test in California.Were there anytimes that were leaked?I could win $2500.00 on LA Busa if my guesses are correct.

I will ask for the times, however it is unlikely they will be available as this is what sells magazines.

FACT is BUSA RULES,,

Ninjaknight - Rest in PEACE.

You should go to LA Busa and look at what the ZX12 lovers are posting.They are coming up with excuses like you wouldnt believe.Now they are saying that the bike is electronically restricted to 186 mph.Denial comes to mind.What a let down Kawi has given to it's loyal followers.I still think the ZX12 is a good bike but the Busa rules!!!

No offence, but what makes you think a Suzuki official is going to give you unbiased information?

Can't wait til this over and the site can get back to normality.
Spliting hairs again.
I hold to the 12R topping the Busa, barely.
But, I really don't care no matter how it ends up--I'm not trading the Bus and I'm not looking for a 12R either.

DC--Historically MCN is not exactly the most reliable source for information either.

DC, honestly Suzuki makes no statements in regards to power, et, top speed, comparitive power to the competition since the introduction of the Busa in april of 1999.

Suzuki has been very closed lipped in regards to the POWER and the SPEED of the bike.

The conversation was held in the exhibition area of the Daytona Speedway. It was a real conversation with a real Suzuki Official who was admiring the work I put into the "Sportbikeonline.com Project Hayabusa", he then added that I might find it interesting the facts were just in regarding an "official shoot-out" held by a printed magazine.

I may be a little biased as well, but I posted the truth as I saw and heard it. Would you suggest that I should believe the ZX12 hype created by R Gadson a few months back as biblical truth as well.

R Gadson was seen riding a ZX6 at the local Daytona street hangouts (not a ZX12). In the pits he rode a minibike. The only ZX12 was in the Kawasaki factory exhibition tent.

Hayabusa's were everwhere.

DC do you want to buy some nice Florida swampland, I'll toss in a ZX12 to fertilize the deal. :)

KA, you obviously missed the references to the Ontario plated ZX-12 that me and others have seen at Daytona OUTSIDE the vendor/exhibition area!

Spot on there Bob, MCN should have their name changed to HondaPhile Weekly, their bias is so obvious it's laughable.

I even read in a recent Honda test (Blade?) that the Box changed with "usual Honda slickness"! What!? Since when have Honda built a decent box? what a load of biased tosh - in fact it's worse than biased it's a blatent pro-Honda lie.

And in a s/h shoot out they gave the VTR (firehawk in US) the best score for reliability and build quality.

How you ever seen a second hand VTR? The paint is wafer thin and wears through remarkably easily (especailly black) and they break down from fuel vacuum problems due to (according to Honda) over filling the gas tank! The tank is 15 Litres (Honda claim 16) and the bike is terrible on fuel regardless of how you ride, are they not surprised owners try to squeeze every drop in!?

But according to Honda that's "user error" not a design fault, my friend who got caught out by this and had to pay for the consequences has vowed never to buy another Honda - and he won't. He's now on his 3rd Kawasaki and is very happy.

Kawabuser, I dunno if you saw my previous post on LA Busas, but per my several conversations with the senior editor at Motorcyclist magazine (who just finished a comparo between the Busa and the 12), I quote: "The Busa is better...maybe someone will make a black box to let the 12 run like it should, but in stock form the Busa wins." They got only (!) 183 mph from the 12.

Disclaimer: This is the truth, not rumor or hearsay. If you don't believe it, F U C K off!

[This message has been edited by motoboy (edited 16 March 2000).]

THAT'S IT I'M GOING OUT TO BUY MY ZX-12 !!!!

This bike is going to be worth a bundle in the future. Think of this bike as the Ford Edsel of Kawasaki. I'm going to be rich !

Ride Safe, Roberto

Back