Hayabusa vs Goldwing

(NVeeus04 @ Sep. 26 2006,12:41) you got taken by a gold wing!!!!  hahahahahaha
It's not funny, I did to
eek2.gif

THOSE BASTARDS
flamethrowingsmiley.gif

forget the G-wingers, Pan-go huntin for those big fat ugly Harley Boss Hoss bikes-its a trike with a 350 Chevy V8 inside it-they sound even louder than regular Hogs and they're really good off the line cuz their built as trikes with basically two car tires out back-forget takin it thru twisties tho!

I ran up against one twice this summer-I gave the 1st guy a nod outa respect for buildin up someting that big-I had asked him where he got it n his reply was "took me 4mos. to build her"...gotta respect that. But then the light turns green and the guy nails it, hard outa the hole and I'm like "he's actually tryn to f**k with me? pfff, whatever." but then as Im goin thru first and thinkn "aw, now he's guna go tell all his buddies that his trike stomped all over a Busa............nope, can't let it go down that way!" So I wind it up, kick second gear as the tach needle touches 10k, and by now Im already pullin dead even... I pull hard thru second and into 3rd, then I checked the speedo readin 140 so I backed off and looked back- I honestly couldn't even make out his headlights he was so far back-looked like a weird car witha skiny front end coming up the road. I seriously walked him like 50 yards or better...I think he backed down when I shot by, but I had to make sure he knew what was up.
He gave me props at the next light, asked how fast I was goin and said I was nutty for doing that on a street w/40mph speed limit. I told'em I knew where the 5-0 sit, and there was no cross-traffic that time of day cuz folks were still at work.
and I had my goggles on so I could see real good
SHOCKED.gif

LOL! 140 in a 40! I love it!!

Same thing happened with me and the Goldwing... I wasn't trying to race or even expected a race. He just launched hard out of the blue... and then I had to put him in his place.

I beat a Honda just last night!

It was a Honda Civic....that counts, right?
rock.gif

Actually, I probably would have let him win just for having the stones to try it in the first place.
biggrin.gif

I know a dude that has a gw he knows his place.
My wife has a silverwing scooter 600. It will run 115 with 2 on it. I have surprised more than a few on it.

(BigDiesel @ Sep. 26 2006,16:53) forget the G-wingers, Pan-go huntin for those big fat ugly Harley Boss Hoss bikes-its a trike with a 350 Chevy V8 inside it-they sound even louder than regular Hogs and they're really good off the line cuz their built as trikes with basically two car tires out back-forget takin it thru twisties tho!

I ran up against one twice this summer-I gave the 1st guy a nod outa respect for buildin up someting that big-I had asked him where he got it n his reply was "took me 4mos. to build her"...gotta respect that. But then the light turns green and the guy nails it, hard outa the hole and I'm like "he's actually tryn to f**k with me? pfff, whatever." but then as Im goin thru first and thinkn "aw, now he's guna go tell all his buddies that his trike stomped all over a Busa............nope, can't let it go down that way!"  So I wind it up, kick second gear as the tach needle touches 10k, and by now Im already pullin dead even... I pull hard thru second and into 3rd, then I checked the speedo readin 140 so I backed off and looked back- I honestly couldn't even make out his headlights he was so far back-looked like a weird car witha skiny front end coming up the road. I seriously walked him like 50 yards or better...I think he backed down when I shot by, but I had to make sure he knew what was up.
He gave me props at the next light, asked how fast I was goin and said I was nutty for doing that on a street w/40mph speed limit. I told'em I knew where the 5-0 sit, and there was no cross-traffic that time of day cuz folks were still at work.
and I had my goggles on so I could see real good  
SHOCKED.gif
50 yards isn't a very big distance considering it took you 140 MPH to acheive the distance between him and you. That thing sounds like it rolled along fairly well against your Hayabusa. It's apparently much better than the typical slow-poker Harley that's at least 1/4 mile or so behind by the time that speed is achieved.
wink.gif

Alot of guys just want to see the busa go for it, so they bait you into giving them a show. I have a great time myself on my wifes 250 rebel. After doing the service on hers, I always test ride it to make sure everything is OK. If I see any Hardleys or choppers, I always pull up next to them and rev it up like I'm going to race them. Almost every time they take off like they are at the NHRA Nationals. It cracks me up every time. I just know they will be at the bar later, telling their friends how they dusted off this really fast Honda.

so sorry if my measurement at 140 miles an hour, over my shoulder, in some goggles, taken in about oh, .05 seconds, was so pitiful there, Quasar.

feel free to bring your bike up here and see how far behind I leave YOUR azz when I DONT shut it down. hope watching my tailight fading in the distance while your doing 170mph will be enuf to impress you.

I got plent of freeways around here, and friends with phones and cameras who love to play lookout-any one, anytime.

please take a moment to READ what it says below my name, dear friend/busa brother:
thats not "please be nice and dont talk s**t to me" its "if you wanna run, let's run. if you wanna talk-talk to yo momma, cuz I could give a f**k"

Pandemic....stop wasting your time with those unworthy fights....

it will cost you...

in tires
drive chains....

wait for the real kill.......z14s.....Z06 chevettes......ferraris....

(GSXcite @ Sep. 27 2006,19:56) Alot of guys just want to see the busa go for it, so they bait you into giving them a show.
That's what I've noticed as well. At least once per ride I get some one trying to "race" when they know they don't have a chance - yesterday it was a Ford Excursion. I usually just let em go.

(GSXcite @ Sep. 27 2006,20:56) Alot of guys just want to see the busa go for it, so they bait you into giving them a show. I have a great time myself on my wifes 250 rebel. After doing the service on hers, I always test ride it to make sure everything is OK. If I see any Hardleys or choppers, I always pull up next to them and rev it up like I'm going to race them. Almost every time they take off like they are at the NHRA Nationals. It cracks me up every time. I just know they will be at the bar later, telling their friends how they dusted off this really fast Honda.
Haha..........That's funny.
biggrin.gif

Today I had a new Vette behind me and it looked like a kid driving it. I tried to keep him close so that when we got on this 4 laner I was hoping he'd try to give me a run... but he got stuck behind another car and didn't even try. Then I slowed down and he got up behind me at another redlight and we both turned left. I rode normally and the kid didn't bother to give it any gas... so I said adios and just took off on my merry way.

I also had this dude come up next to me in an older 80's Mustang 5.0 and he was trying to tell me that a 4 in 1 system would be more powerful. I nodded and gave him hand signals (can't really do it here) to let him know I had different gearing and wasn't just running a plain stock busa even with my Akrapovic cans. Then I gunned it and left him in the dust.... because full exhaust or bolt ons... and with 43 sprocket... my bike is still a friggin Busa and flies. And I'm a lightweight, so it really flies!!!

If i can i'll let them go like if i'm coming up on someone and they gun it for all it's worth. They're thinking: "Ha ha how's that Sportbiker?!" while i'm thinking: "Cool! Free lemming to sort out any cops ahead of me!"

Otherwise if I see any vehical cutting around traffic or doing their best to close in on me, i won't even give 'em a chance. Just hit it and end it for them right there. If possible i'll get off the road about a mile ahead. Maybe do a big u-turn in a neighborhood or hit a exit ramp and get back on the highway later. Good practice incase "John Law" saw you two going at it. Let the cops have the car as you continue along your way. It can be a hassle sometimes but it's better then being a hood ornament or getting a ticket.

I'll admit i was norti the other day on the highway though. Some stooge in a riced out MUSTANG complete with huge Vinyl Dragon sticker on both sides of the car and a maxwell house sized coffee can exhaust to blat his V-6's effort to the world did a medicore flyby on me (recognized the car since i saw it parked in front of a autozone store many times). I saw him coming and figured "Bah let him go and have his ticket".....then it eats me it's been awhile since I had some fun so about 2 seconds later i make up ground on him and zip well ahead continuing through a right hand sweeper merging onto the main highway. No prob for me to get around the cars. I'm well ahead but a Glance at the mirror showed him trying to do the same thing with the lane merging to one. The Buick on the inside looked like they got on the brakes hard as mustang boy was trying a outside pass. Got on the e-way and another glance i saw he made it. Hit the thrust and zipped to the next exit way ahead of him. He wasn't close enough to see me to follow.
cool.gif
He'll probably order some NAWWZ now.
laugh.gif

I wish anyone would try and race me. I couldnt get a zx-10, or a lotus , not even the ferrari. I pulled next to a guy in a 350z and he just looked over said I had one and I know you will beat me. My sister rides a 1200 bandit though and everyone wants to race her. She went out with a guy who had a buell and I told her she could take him. She came home and said yeah I dusted him and he never called her again. She got pulled over and accused of speeding and when she took off the helmet the cop let her go. Just like getting someone to race me, Ive never been let go either. Lucky girls.

I just had to make a new V-Rod owner cry earlier9new 20 day sticker), I live right on the edge of town and the freeway goes right of by my town. He kept revving on me going towards out of town. So I just gave him the go ahead wave like you first. After about 1/8 mile then I decided to go as I let him think he was winning, the blew by at about 165 to his laughingly weak 120, didn't let off until about 175-180. Went about 2 miles than waited at the next turn off for him, and then asked "HOW much did you pay for that?" I don't think he thought it was funny, as he sped off back to town, I had to pass him back on the way back . Got the finger as I went buy. LOL

i had a poor hardley behind me today as i pulled up to a light near the edge of town...sittng there with him behind me, i could barely hear myself think, he kept revving it up like he was afraid it would die if it dropped into an idle...i took a left and he followed...as we merged onto a 4 lane divided street, he swung over into the other lane and was giving it all she had...i took it easy so he could catch up and each time he shifted his head would bob forward like he was trying to push the bike...i let him pull ahead about two lengths and he glanced over grinning...i was fine until he did that as i was out for a peaceful cruise since i had just gotten out of bed, however, that instantly ticked me off...i dropped it into third, cranked the throttle all the way around, and felt the front wheel come loose...needless to say, i had already smoked him before i even shifted into fourth but i did it anyway (that felt good)...i then slowed down to about 20 to wait for him so i could smoke him again (i was upset with that smug little grin...i'll try to control it better next time, i promise
firedevil.gif
) but he turned off when he saw i was waiting for him...putz!

Back