Hayabusa vs bmw S1000RR youtube vid

I'll run that prep machine!
08aprilbike003.jpg

Everyone makes wild claims, hype before the bike is released, but I think I'll wait for the actual results from someone reputable...

My friends, this is Suzuki. Frm the early '60s X-6 Hustler to the Busa, Suzuki builds the fastest bikes, period. I have no doubt that there is a test mule in Hamamatsucho that will replace (IMHO) theugly Gen,2 bike with a knockout with 200+ hp. and tracks on rails. Those guys don't like losing.

In the meantime, if a 1/10th of a second slower bothers you, you need to get out and ride more... -L-

Its all what you want to ride.... besides I WILL NOT pay the price BMW wants for there bikes..:moon:

Hayabusa still my #1 ride

The busa was a quatum leap ahead of the competition. BMW comes and nips it out -great! That means they have raised bar and this pushes the whole industry forward. Better bikes for everyone! I don't think the Japanese are going to sit on there hands and say oh well! You got to ask yourself what's in the pipeline?

Well, okay, my 2 cents thrown in, market niche for the BMW is as a take no prisoners track bike...probably the most sophisticated traction control for the money you can buy. Its main competition on the track being the Suzuki, Yami, and Honda liter bikes...The KLM and Ducati are alot more expensive...The Aprilla is probably the badest mother of them all and did very very well in its maiden season on the international circuits...but it is a 30 K dollar bike. If you put a stock busa up against a stock beemer my money would be on the beemer every time...more horsepower at the wheel..I believe they are claiming close to 200 hp at the wheel...and over 100 lbs lighter...But I wouldn't trade my sweetie pie for the bmw for anyreason. I use my bike for commuting and an occasional track day..She is smooth, powerful, comfortable as can be..and I trust her engine and gear box like I have no other bike I have ever owned...Here's the thing about BMW's...service and parts are a friggin joke...on you...that is..Dealerships are not well spaced like Suzuki...and it is not joke when you go in with a problem...2hip
Rear wheel is suppose to be around 180 hp.

Im glad that BMW had the courage to show that BETTER,FASTER & more powerfull bikes CAN be made.
Evolutuion is the whole idea in motorsports and drives it forward.

Well does the busa have more power than 99% of us can use as stock ? yes it does!

Does the busa preform better on long trips and 2-up with your misses and maybe a bit luggage ? yes it does.

Does the busa offer a better platform for some serious drag-racing ? yes it does!

Is the busa faster on a track ? No it isnt

Is the busa easier to flip in corners and shikanes? no it isnt!

Does the busa look better ? personal pref. imho no it dosent

Its all about how you use it and what you want a bike to do.
But yes for now it seems the hayabusa has lost its title as the most powerfull stock production bike.

The good thing about this ? Well lol yea Suzuki might come up with a 200rwhp hayabusa in 2012

Last edited:
The busa was a quatum leap ahead of the competition. BMW comes and nips it out -great! That means they have raised bar and this pushes the whole industry forward. Better bikes for everyone! I don't think the Japanese are going to sit on there hands and say oh well! You got to ask yourself what's in the pipeline?

We haven't been quantium leaps ahead of anybody for a while. The Gen 1.5 update
just brought us up to the current bar of the 14 and the liters...hence threads
like these.

A once a ten year, WEAK update brought us up to...EVEN.

So much for killing the flea with a sledgehammer the original busa was legendary for...

Im glad that BMW had the courage to show that BETTER,FASTER & more powerfull bikes CAN be made.
Evolutuion is the whole idea in motorsports and drives it forward.

The good thing about this ? Well lol yea Suzuki might come up with a 200rwhp hayabusa in 2012

Shoulda done it in 2008...no REASON why they didn't except $$$, they went cheap.

Of course at our current pace of updates, you may get your wish in 2018...
maybe by then they will begin shipping into the U.S. again.

We haven't been quantium leaps ahead of anybody for a while. The Gen 1.5 update
just brought us up to the current bar of the 14 and the liters...hence threads
like these.

A once a ten year, WEAK update brought us up to...EVEN.

So much for killing the flea with a sledgehammer the original busa was legendary for...

Yep, I was saying that the 99 busa was a Quantum Leap and a decade later its still a coin toss on the best performing... few bikes remain on top even for a few model years - so it seems clear that the Suzuki and Kawaski will have to have some slegehammer engineering response ready when the horrible sales market starts to perk up. Until then they have time to figure out the how to deal with the BMW challenge.

The BMW may be the best thing since sliced bread but it remains to be seen how many will be sold in this slow market. Reliabilty, maintenance cost and dealer availabilty will also play into the mix.

Overall, I think its good for riders... We live in an era when outright speed seems to be hitting for all practical purposes it's apex. Computer aided better and safer handling seems to be the future as demonstrated in the BMW...

Just a question for those who are techie experts on the Busa.

Does the ECU allow full motor power in the first few gears?

Overall, I think its good for riders... We live in an era when outright speed seems to be hitting for all practical purposes it's apex. Computer aided better and safer handling seems to be the future as demonstrated in the BMW...

Very true...technology of getting power to the ground IS the future.
And it's all good for us :beerchug:

I heard the beemer shift 3 times to the busa's 1. I don't think he knew what he was doing.

Just a question for those who are techie experts on the Busa.

Does the ECU allow full motor power in the first few gears?

There is not supposed to be any restriction in the lower gears. BUT, the ECU hacking guys seem to differ on that point. Apparently there is a difference, and when that difference is removed, the bike runs better in those gears. As soon as it warms up a bit, I plan to see for myself.

The new 1300 bimmer is the Busa's competition, but it doesn't matter, since both the 1000 and 1300 german bikes are still a lot more expensive. You can do a LOT to a Busa for the extra 4 to 5 grand.

The new 1300 bimmer is the Busa's competition, but it doesn't matter, since both the 1000 and 1300 german bikes are still a lot more expensive. You can do a LOT to a Busa for the extra 4 to 5 grand.

Well you can also buy a 90's 1100 gixxer and slap a turbo on it and it'll suprass allmost anything in terms of power.

But you will not get the busa to turn like a RR bike (even if you spend 4k on it).

A bit silly to compare theese bikes anyway.

Bottom line is that the S1000 looks like the most powerfull production bike out of the box.
In terms of top speed i think its still MV agusta or Desmosedici (mostly due to lacking of restriction).
In terms of acceleration 1/4 mile...err...im not even sure maybe the V-max ?

Last edited:
Well you can also buy a 90's 1100 gixxer and slap a turbo on it and it'll suprass allmost anything in terms of power.

But you will not get the busa to turn like a RR bike (even if you spend 4k on it).

A bit silly to compare theese bikes anyway.

Bottom line is that the S1000 looks like the most powerfull production bike out of the box.
In terms of top speed i think its still MV agusta or Desmosedici (mostly due to lacking of restriction).
In terms of acceleration 1/4 mile...err...im not even sure maybe the V-max ?
Nope, the Busa is not a full race bike. It never was meant to be. It was Suzuki's answer to the Honda Blackbird that more or less created the "sport touring" Hypersport category. So, no, the Busa is not an "RR" bike. The BMW S1000RR is competition for the GSX-R1000, and that is a different story.

The bikes competing with the Busa niche are the Kawi ZX14 and the BMW K1300S. SportRider mag actually called the K1300S the winner in their BMW vs. Zook shootout, but I still can't figure out why, given the Zook won just about all categories and cost $5,000 less. Maybe it's just the "new and different" aspect. But that is the "5 grand" I was referring to before.

What I will say for both Kawasaki and BMW is that they offer "gentleman's sport tourer" versions of their hyperbikes, the Concours and the K1300GT, respectively, with softer suspensions, more upright seating, and hard luggage. Suzuki should do this too. It would be a lot easier than creating something like the B-King out of the Hayabusa and it would greatly fill out the Suzuki lineup.

And the V-Max is definitely not the 1/4 mile king. Cycle World ran it with Jay Gleason aboard, but he could not get great launches off the line.

he11 men...after 34 years of riding, owning, loving street bikes?..you learn...once you're in the uppercrust level of sportbikes these days?...it don't matter anymore...they are allllll soooo good in everyway?...and every aspect?....and soooo powerful yet well behaved?....

"it ain't the name on the fairing...it's the balls across the tank"

hence?...be'in a Hyper ST'in type?...in the twisties?....i'm as leary of the guy on a ZX900 ninja as i am a dude on a ZX-14...if not moreso leary of the 900 dude...cause i know he's had his bike quite awhile! :rofl:

toss in what can be done with mods?...and the fact that there's no replacement for displacement?...i feel for those poor beemer owners...oh it may do what the busa will do but....how long will it do it for?..that's the million$ ? :whistle::rofl:

at this level?...it's "All Rider" baby..that's my story an i'm stick'in 2 it!:laugh:

L8R, Bill. :cool:

Last edited:
he11 men...after 34 years of riding, owning, loving street bikes?..you learn...once you're in the uppercrust level of sportbikes these days?...it don't matter anymore...they are allllll soooo good in everyway?...and every aspect?....and soooo powerful yet well behaved?....

"it ain't the name on the fairing...it's the balls across the tank"

hence?...be'in a Hyper ST'in type?...in the twisties?....i'm as leary of the guy on a ZX900 ninja as i am a dude on a ZX-14...if not moreso leary of the 900 dude...cause i know he's had his bike quite awhile! :rofl:

toss in what can be done with mods?...and the fact that there's no replacement for displacement?...i feel for those poor beemer owners...oh it may do what the busa will do but....how long will it do it for?..that's the million$ ? :whistle::rofl:

at this level?...it's "All Rider" baby..that's my story an i'm stick'in 2 it!:laugh:

L8R, Bill. :cool:

:thumbsup:

Back